Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what do they want or actually trying to do?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what do they want or actually trying to do?

RandyRandy Member
edited June 2012 in General

i have a couple of orders but none of those payments has been made. those irritating people are pissing me off. what are they trying to do? it makes no sense.

Thanked by 1klikli

Comments

• RandyRandy Member

those people are not paying anything and yes i have waited 3 days or so .

• @Randy said: i have a couple of orders but none of those payments has been made. those irritating people are pissing me off. what are they trying to do? it makes no sense.

Just delete the orders :D

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

They think they will get the VPS as soon as they order without paying, so they can abuse your service before you realise.

Just delete the order (I usually just cancel them)

• yomeroyomero Member

@DanielM said: Just delete the orders :D

Yes what's the problem?
    Is like the spam in your mail.

• I get like 20 of them a day. Not a big deal at all.

• No offense, @Randy, but stuff like this is pretty much a given in the hosting field. You may want to spend some time working for another provider before starting up your own... the experience can make all the difference.

• RandyRandy Member

oh come on that makes no sense. how can you actually get free things with out paying. who told them that WHMCS gives them the vps/service once they order without paying?

• @Randy said: oh come on that makes no sense. how can you actually get free things with out paying. who told them that WHMCS gives them the vps/service once they order without paying?

Some providers have it setup to provision the VPS as soon as the order is made.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Randy said: i have waited 3 days or so

I see this mostly from China, and I will delete the order if it remains unpaid for 12 hours, but mostly when dealing with the Chinese, they are having a 3rd party facilitate the payment, so it usually takes a bit of time.

• RandyRandy Member

is there somekind of addon that will deal with this? or i think WHMCS deals with that? :O

@Aldryic i understand i just dont see a point why they would do that

• DamianDamian Member

I usually wait 3 days or so. They're getting an Invoice Overdue notice each day, so it's annoying them more than it is me.

• yomeroyomero Member

Don't be lazy

• DamianDamian Member

@Randy said: i understand i just dont see a point why they would do that

Some of them I get the feeling are trying to pay with stolen payment details, then when their payment fails because the account owner has figured out their stuff has been hax0red, the payment fails. And then it hangs in limbo because they have no other stolen accounts to attempt to pay with.

• @Randy said: is there somekind of addon that will deal with this? or i think WHMCS deals with that? :O

What is the issue with them, who honestly cares? Why not just delete them?

• @Randy said: is there somekind of addon that will deal with this? or i think WHMCS deals with that? :O

There's a WHMCS Addon that deletes pending orders if they haven't been paid for time, but thats being lazy.

Either do them manually or code your own cron.

• RandyRandy Member

i get email notifications. lol they just keep coming well. thanks i can get a cron job for that

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Im laughing.

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • RandyRandy Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Im laughing.

you will be laughing when u get tons of order like this :)

• yomeroyomero Member

If "a couple" is "a ton"... ¬_¬

• JacobJacob Member

@Damian I care, We pay for outbound email to guarentee delivery, Them suckas cost me money!

• RandyRandy Member

i mean if you tons of them

• I sense a summer host.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Jacob said: We pay for outbound email to guarentee delivery

I'm genuinely curious what you mean by this. Do you mean you use a third party email provider that...retries SMTP connections for longer than normal or something?

Thanked by 2nabo vedran
  • laaevlaaev Member

Welcome to the business Randy, what host do you run?

• RandyRandy Member

well. i dont wish to disclose that as for now. hopefully admin will post my VPS offers at LEB :) Soon. i have sent him an email a week ago :)

• @Randy said: i dont wish to disclose that as for now.

Why not? Just promote your company here now :)

• RandyRandy Member

i am not up for pros like you yet :D once my new nodes are ready then i will do my stuff

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited June 2012
    11 Pending Orders

like that? day by day.. mostly i delete it after due date (i set 3 day by default).

• I get so many of them.

• @Randy why no love for LET? others get to check out your VPS offers,but I see no linky.