Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReverseHosts announcement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReverseHosts announcement

IhtashamIhtasham Member
edited July 2014 in Providers

Hey guys, it is Ihtasham here from ReverseHosts and I thought I should make a few announcements over here at LET seeing as we have loads of concerned customers.

First of all, as many of you may know we had a great amount of our services with Calihop and they are now closing, therefore we have sent out an email to all our clients in San Diego announcing what we know and what we are doing to handle this situation. At the moment me and Hassan are deciding not to purchase another server in San Diego and we have acquired a server in Las Vegas from Quickpacket which we will be using to migrate the clients who wish to remain in business with us and don't mind the migration of locations.

We are not going to be doing any open sales just yet on the Las Vegas location but we would appreciate if you guys could tell us which locations you'd like to see some services in and we will be acquiring a lot more nodes.

If you are our client and wish to migrate your server to the new location then please open a ticket over at: http://clients.reversehosts.com/contact.php

If you have any other queries just post below and I'm going to keep this thread updated.

Ihtasham.

Thanked by 1trewq
Where should we bring OVZ VPS's to?
  1. Which locations do you want to see ReverseHosts in?124 votes
    1. Los Angeles (USA)
      20.97%
    2. Phoenix (USA)
        9.68%
    3. Michigan (USA)
      14.52%
    4. Amsterdam (NL)
      20.97%
    5. Manchester (UK)
      33.87%

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Thanks for announcement. Really sad about Calihop =[

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited July 2014

Vegas is a good location, LA is too much, San Jose is too expensive. Phoenix maybe good.

• @Boxode I am really sad that Calihop is going down because we've had really good experience form them and it has been a pleasure working with Joseph. We will try to get back on our feet as soon as we can!

@MorningIris Thank you for your feedback, we will be considering Phoenix!

• CrabCrab Member

All of your customers? I haven't received any email :(

• @Crab Would you like to open a ticket? Maybe our email systems messed up! Open a ticket and I will get you going.

• CrabCrab Member

No worries, I just opened up a ticket #425303.

• BradBrad Member

Not a client, but I also would like to see a Phoenix location.

• Added a poll to the thread to feel free to vote :)!

• CrabCrab Member

+1 for Phoenix

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

said: Quickpacket

Thanks for the order!

Thanked by 1Ihtasham
  • +1 for Phoenix

• FritzFritz Veteran

Got the email yesterday. Good luck with the new location.
    I vote for Michigan.

• Voted for PHX - there's not too many providers there and it's Best Coast.

LAS isn't in the poll, though - do you plan to keep it as a location in the long-run or simply use it as a layover location until you sort out where you want to go next?

Las Vegas is nice. And QuickPacket is nice.

Thanked by 1kzed
  • UPDATE:

Thank you for all your feedback.

We have just received our dedicated server in Las Vegas and we're now setting it up all ready to host some machines from S.D. I am going to start doing as many migrations as I can today and the rest will follow shortly!

• FritzFritz Veteran

So all accounts in SD will be moved to LV?

• @Fritz No, you can either obtain a refund if you have paid for the service within the last 10-14 days or you can request a migration to the LV node.

UPDATE: LV node is now fully setup and we're starting migrations of requested clients!

• @Ihtasham said:

Is the LV node going to be permanent? Or is it going to be temporary?

Also, requested a migration :) #302890

• @skybucks100 The LV node will be permanent and we will be adding a few more locations to your availability in the near future!

• FritzFritz Veteran

Opened a ticket #345340.

• is whmcs and solus to be moved too? They seem to be down now.

• UPDATE: Currently some migrations are ongoing and I will try to get to the rest of the tickets as soon as I can. Please try and be patient with us!

@MorningIris ReverseHosts.com + the client portal + the VPS portal are all located elsewhere and are up. Please see if there is anything wrong with your end of things.

• @Ihtasham it's up, thanks.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

You should migrate to Las Vegas. Its decent ;)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

What is the point of Phoenix over LAX if Phoenix back hauls to LAX anyway?

• FrankZ said: What is the point of Phoenix over LAX if Phoenix back hauls to LAX anyway?

Las Vegas backhauls to LAX too.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • J1021J1021 Member

Manchester would be a nice location.

• tommytommy Member

10.44 AM Server recieved.
    12:21PM migration started.

do you remember to testing hardisk and other server hardware before moving your client there?

• wychwych Member

@1e10 said:
    Manchester would be a nice location.

It would.

• Certainly good to see that Reversehosts starting to become more proactive again.

I voted LAX but only because I am in AU. The latencies once you get too much further east tend to be quite noticeable for me. Atlanta is especially noticeable from here.

Glad that LV is up and running, hopefully the latency is less than Dallas was.

• J1021J1021 Member

wych said: It would.

I only know of one LEB host currently hosting in Manchester. All the other hosts seem to be located in Maidenhead.