Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode new prices
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode new prices

Caveman122Caveman122 Member
edited July 2014 in General

It seems that ramnode have some new prices for their line up. Basically 42% off the old plans and more storage. Thoughts?

UPDATE: There will no longer be any backups for any plans. Ramnode has asked existing user not to open any ticket at this time for price reduction or space increase. (Link) And there will be no more coupons it seems.

Imgur
Imgur

Ramnode new prices/policy
  1. [Existing Ramnode Customers] How do you feel about the changes?63 votes
    1. I love it!
      12.70%
    2. I am indifferent.
      14.29%
    3. Disappointing/I am waiting to hear more from Nick.
      36.51%
    4. I am not currently a Ramnode customer.
      36.51%
  2. [Non Ramnode users] How do you feel about the changes?63 votes
    1. I love it! I plan to order because of the changes.
      11.11%
    2. I am indifferent.
      15.87%
    3. I still don't see anything that would interest me.
      23.81%
    4. I am an existing Ramnode customer.
      49.21%

Comments

• blackblack Member

@Caveman122 add .jpg to your links.

Yay 80 GB of storage instead of 50 GB. I can dig it :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I am so digging this. I wonder if we can upgrade existing...

• BradBrad Member

I could get used to this.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

:)

Please read https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=366 before sending in any tickets about the updates. It's still a work in progress. We'll make more info available soon.

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited July 2014

We are doing away with coupons and offering lower flat prices for all VPS plans.

D: noo, my favorite thing gone.

Coupons makes me feel like it's cheaper than it actually is :l

Thanked by 30xdragon ehab Pwner
  • BellaBella Member
    edited July 2014

Is the 128MB $15year ssd openvz plan good enough to run OpenVPN or PPTP for one user?

I want to make it so I can only login to all my VPS's via SSH from that one IP for additional security.

• @Bella said:
    Is the 128MB $15year openvz plan good enough to run OpenVPN or PPTP for one user?

I want to make it so I can only login to all my VPS's via SSH from that one IP for additional security.

Yes, as long as you don't have 50 people connecting to it at the same time, 128MB will hold several OpenVPN instances along with PPTP daemon well.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Bella said:
    Is the 128MB $15year openvz plan good enough to run OpenVPN or PPTP for one user?

Bad idea, what if that VPS goes down? You're screwed.

• BellaBella Member
    edited July 2014

@Nekki said:
    Bad idea, what if that VPS goes down? You're screwed.

I've had a KVM VPS with Ramnode for over 1.5 years now, Still up and running for 230+ days no downtime.

Even if Ramnode went down, they'd be back pretty fast.

Most of the VPS's I own run automated bots for various websites and scripts, so I rarely have to login to them anyways.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Bella said:
    I've had a KVM VPS with Ramnode for over 1.5 years now, Still up and running for 230+ days no downtime.

Sorry, I forgot having 230+ 'no downtime' means it will never be down. As you were.

• BellaBella Member
    edited July 2014

@Nekki said:
    Sorry, I forgot having 230+ 'no downtime' means it will never be down. As you were.

I never said they will never go down.

I'm saying even if RamNode did have unexpected downtime, they'd be all over it quickly.

I'd feel more confident hosting something like this with Ramnode than any other provider here.

Out of all the providers here RN has the least downtime/issues.

I have VPS's with 20+ providers here.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

80GB for $15/y? Neat!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Nekki said:

Indeed, you need to have a backup plan for anything if it is critical (problems there cost way more than the cost of a backup plan).

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Bella said:
    I have VPS's with 20+ providers here.

So why not have multiple VPNs, and give yourself some redundancy?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@netomx said:
    80GB for $15/y? Neat!

If it was almost anyone else doing it, we'd all be thinking 'scam', right?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BellaBella Member

@Nekki said:
    So why not have multiple VPNs, and give yourself some redundancy?

I was going to set a backup one on one of my spare Crissic $15/yr plans

In case both providers go down at the same-time, which would be very unlikely, I could always use the serial console for the VPS I need to access.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    If it was almost anyone else doing it, we'd all be thinking 'scam', right?

Indeed!

• yywudiyywudi Member

I wont's send a ticket asking about the disk increase for current plan, but i'd like ask here: will it be and when?

• @yywudi said:
    I wont's send a ticket asking about the disk increase for current plan, but i'd like ask here: will it be and when?

Read: https://clientarea.ramnode.com/announcements.php?id=366

• yywudiyywudi Member

I've read for many times, but i didn't see such as "Yes, we'll definitely upgrade the disk space to the same as new plan".

• rds100rds100 Member

If they don't you can always order a new plan, move your data to it, and cancel the old one.

• blackblack Member

@rds100 said:
    If they don't you can always order a new plan, move your data to it, and cancel the old one.

groans too much work.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • 512 svz price raised. So shame.Could I pay with current recurring price because it's 4.5 mo?

• 8420PR8420PR Member
    edited July 2014

For me, stopping the weekly backups is a major step backwards.

It is only about a year ago that Ramnode was hacked and my VPS deleted. The downtime was reduced because Ramnode were able to restore against their own backup.

After the hacking incident, I purchased a dedicated server and moved my online store. I had to do quite a bit of work on the backend to beat the'out of the box' performance that Ramnode had offered, and still have some websites hosted on my ramnode VPS.

Obviously I understand I am responsible for my data, and cannot rely on Ramnode's backups, however it was an additional layer of security.

Thanked by 2trexos Steve81
  • trexostrexos Member

That they dont make backups anymore sux. Always doing my own backups, but it was awesome that they do one as well.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2014

"KVM SSD" up to 40% more expensive specs-for-specs than Linode; such premium, wow. Head still firmly in the ass about being competitive or anything like that. Also the 512MB one is more expensive and has worse specs than DO/Vultr.

Thanked by 2marrco Steve81
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

90 GB KVM SSD-Cached: $14

180 GB KVM SSD-Cached: $112

don't understand...

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2014

Good to see they have more space on the SSD only plans, other providers don't seem to provide as much. (hint hint @jmginer !)

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited July 2014

With these new pricing there will be no coupon code offering now anytime soon?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2014

instatech said: With these new pricing there will be no coupon code offering now anytime soon?

There will be coupons, but in a stunning twist if you use them they will return the plan to old specs/price.

I understand there may also be a few single use coupons that if redeemed, will win you Nick, who will perform a specific task at your home, such as washing your dishes, pruning a hedge, or holding your neighbours hostage until they agree to finally fix the fence so that fucking dog will stop running onto your garden and shitting everywhere.