Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finding and contacting the actual owner/concerned person of a hosting service ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Finding and contacting the actual owner/concerned person of a hosting service ?

raza19raza19 Veteran

I am in bit of a pickle. I was using a host for my cpanel clients named 'ehost.net' . Just found out all websites hosted there + ehost.net itself has been suspended.

Yes I should have had backups but some data was recently uploaded by clients which has no backup.

So, everything aside, how and who should I contact , I just need the ftp files . When I try to find out who was hosting ehost.net , the search leads to CyrusOne datacenter which would imply that the owner of ehost.net was colocating there or was a reseller of someone who is colocating there.

What should I do? Can anyone help? All I need are ftp files of one cpanel account , I would be grateful.

p.s. the whois returns a fake phone number......

Comments

• nerouxneroux Member

Did you try to contact them via email?

Yes, their own site appears to be hosted by CyrusOne respectively Websitewelcome.com but that does not automatically mean yours was as well. Or does your site's IP address also resolve to them?

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@neroux said:
    Did you try to contact them via email?

Yes, their own site appears to be hosted by CyrusOne respectively Websitewelcome.com but that does not automatically mean yours was as well. Or does your site's IP address also resolve to them?

Sorry forgot to tell, all email to @ehost.net returns a 550 no such user here message.....

• cassacassa Member

Not sure, but @ehostlab?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

No @cassa I'm not connected with ehost.net

ehostlab.com was the previous Name of My initiative, Later on I rebranded it to Sync Serve (http://www.syncserve.net) Hope it clarifies everything :)

Mahfuz.

• nerouxneroux Member

@raza19 said:
    Sorry forgot to tell, all email to ehost.net returns a 550 no such user here message.....

Unless you have any other contact information you can really only go for the data center. Yo are not their direct customer, but maybe they can assist you in some way.

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited July 2014

Is there no one here from @CyrusOne or anyone who knows the key people from the dc?