Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Use GRE-tunneled IPs for Proxmox, possible?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Use GRE-tunneled IPs for Proxmox, possible?

I am experimenting with GRE-tunneled IP(v4)s on hypervisors, potentially providing additional IPs to host a few connectable virtual servers on new Kimsufis.

A hypervisor node is running KVM with Proxmox VE. Currently a GRE tunnel between a distant server and the hypervisor node is up and functional, but I can't find a way to bridge the tunneled IP to a KVM VPS's interface due to limited experience.

I wonder if this is at all possible and if possible, how to configure the bridge (especially on the choice of netmask and gateway).

Also, will running a container instead like OpenVZ make it easier?

Thanks.

Comments

• bump

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@fransisco / buyvm might be able to help with GRE stuff.

• It should be easy enough to do, just create a tunnel, tunnel the traffic into the server. It would just appear as an interface. You setup the routing on the HN to route the traffic in/out of that interface.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

@MarkTurner said:
    It should be easy enough to do, just create a tunnel, tunnel the traffic into the server. It would just appear as an interface. You setup the routing on the HN to route the traffic in/out of that interface.

I also wish to do the same but dont have much experience can you point towards a tutorial about this?

thanks

• Whoever sells you the IPs/GRE tunnel should have a tutorial for this. I don't know who will provide this service

• @MarkTurner said:
    Whoever sells you the IPs/GRE tunnel should have a tutorial for this. I don't know who will provide this service

It was done through the method shown in http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel