Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More providers offering 128mb, 256mb Clouds/VPS'?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

More providers offering 128mb, 256mb Clouds/VPS'?

Hello LET, as it may seem obvious from various offer posts, my signature or more simply my LET name, i'm from QuadexHosting.

For the past month or so i've enjoyed looking over lowendtalk but then it hit me, the smallest Cloud VM quadexhosting offers is 512MB, other than that we dont have any 64MB, 128MB or 256MB offers on hand.

So i'd like to call for input from the LET community on whether you guys would like to see another company offer Ultra Small KVM's and if so what are the specifications and prices you deem would be suitable for such plans.

I'm very interested in any input regarding what LET users believe would be the ideal 'small' plan for VPS hosting.

What do you think?
  1. Would you like to see another hosting site offering such plans?35 votes
    1. Yes
      71.43%
    2. No
      28.57%

Comments

• @quadex said:

128MB, 5GB disk, 1 Core, $15/year

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Once again, the question is perhaps the wrong one to ask.

Do I like small plans? Yes.

Do I like small KVM plans? YES.

Would I buy them from you? No, not as this time, as you are relatively new around here and I have trust issues, especially where yearly payment is required to make low budget plans viable.

Basically, I would hate for you to get lots of 'yes' votes, invest in this approach, then on-one buys a thing.

• Trust issues are understandable :).

• Nekki said: Basically, I would hate for you to get lots of 'yes' votes, invest in this approach, then on-one buys a thing.

Well if he doesn't offer it, it's pretty much guaranteed no one will buy it...

Would love to see some sub-512 offerings, especially since your in Canada, I'm in Canada and it's Canada Day! Signed up and waiting... :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sleddog said: Well if he doesn't offer it, it's pretty much guaranteed no one will buy it...

Yes, but he won't have wasted time/money/effort in setting up something that potentially few people will buy.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • meatonmeaton Member
    edited July 2014

What operating system would you offer on these micro VPS offerings? Don't most operating systems require a minimum of 512 MB of memory? I'm pretty sure this is the case for both CentOS and Ubuntu, at least...

• ATHKATHK Member

Is it real cloud hosting or just another fancy name for hourly billing?

• PwnerPwner Member

@meaton said:
    What operating system would you offer on these micro VPS offerings? Don't most operating systems require a minimum of 512 MB of memory? I'm pretty sure this is the case for both CentOS and Ubuntu, at least...

No, it's not. I've proudly run both CentOS and Ubuntu on 128MB VPS in the past without needing to use SWAP at all. However, running most other services alongside the OS tended to push me towards the 256MB (using some SWAP) range.

Thanked by 1sirmbhe
  • sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited July 2014

@Pwner said:
    No, it's not. I've proudly run both CentOS and Ubuntu on 128MB VPS in the past without needing to use SWAP at all. However, running most other services alongside the OS tended to push me towards the 256MB (using some SWAP) range.

+1, i am running Ghost blog in a 128MB box running Debian. I also have other small boxes with ubuntu & centos. It is running just fine.

• Thank you for the input everyone, we hope to have our plans from 96MB - 256MB out in the next couple of days!

• Currently there's only 64-bit OS options. 32-bit would be good for smaller VMs.