Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offer: Free Cloud Hosting from Mothership1
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offer: Free Cloud Hosting from Mothership1

mothership1mothership1 Member
edited July 2014 in Offers

Mothership1 is a new and innovative cloud platform for virtual machines, storage, and applications.

• For a limited time, we are offering a $50 Free Credit for a month
  • CHECK BACK LATER FOR A NEW PROMO – No Obligation

Mothership1 offers many enhanced features compared to existing cloud offerings:

• A Private enterprise-class firewall dedicated to you only
  • Offering superior security capabilities and extended control over traffic routing within your virtual infrastructure.
  • Virtual Machine deployment in under 5 seconds with immediate Snapshots & Rollbacks.
  • PRICE! Virtual Machines start at $5.00 USD/Month. S3 Storage starts at $0.03/GB/Month.

Thanks all for signing up, the was a lot of interest. We have reached the goals for this promotion and will get back soon with more actions!

This is a limited time offer and will be granted on a first-come first-serve basis.

Thanked by 1nhocconan

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

I am confused by this part of your General Terms & Conditions ..

"By submitting any User Content to the Services to the Services, you hereby grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, aggregate, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such User Content in connection with the Services and our (and our successors' and assigns') businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website or the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds), and including after your termination of your account or the Services. You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Website and/or the Services a non-exclusive, perpetual license to access any of your User Content that is available to such user on the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Content, including after your termination of your account or the Services ..."

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • Thanks, my brother and I will give it a try I guess

• I didn't get a email..

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@0xdragon said:
    I didn't get a email..

me too

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@0xdragon said:
    I didn't get a email..

me too

• I was able to signup and redeem $50 credits. Does these credits expire in one month or we can use it after the first month?

@mothership1 In the pricing page here https://www.mothership1.com/wiki_gcb/Pricing#/CloudSpace I am seeing the first cloud space is free and additional spaces are $5/m. Can you explain how that works?

• blackblack Member
    edited July 2014

I'd rather it be something like $10 credit instead of $50 / month (which imo attract abusers).

Anyway, I'm curious about your storage plan. $0.03 per GB with unlimited put / pull / get requests? That means you don't charge for incoming or outgoing bandwidth right?

• RurikoRuriko Member

no email... not even in spam box

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

No email too.

• Its strange only me got their activation email . its sent via mandrill for the address [email protected]

• Hi, we read some users are not getting a validation e-mail, support is investigating and will contact the users individually.

• Hi, to answer the question whether the credit expires: The welcoming credit remains if you upload credit after 1 month. After that credit will not expire, unless the account is inactive for a very long time.

• @upfreak said:
    I was able to signup and redeem $50 credits. Does these credits expire in one month or we can use it after the first month?

mothership1 In the pricing page here https://www.mothership1.com/wiki_gcb/Pricing#/CloudSpace I am seeing the first cloud space is free and additional spaces are $5/m. Can you explain how that works?

When you add an additional Cloud Space, it can be managed directly from the navigation bar into your account. This additional Cloud Space will have its private firewall and IP address.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

I would use Mothership1 but what turned me off was that you're only using wildcard SSL and not EV SSL.

• blackblack Member
    edited July 2014

@viCommunications said:
    I would use Mothership1 but what turned me off was that you're only using wildcard SSL and not EV SSL.

• blackblack Member

@mothership1 said:
    Hi, to answer the question whether the credit expires: The welcoming credit remains if you upload credit after 1 month. After that credit will not expire, unless the account is inactive for a very long time.

The minimum amount of credit you can add is..?

• @black said:
    The minimum amount of credit you can add is..?

25 USD

• blackblack Member

@mothership1 - You said add credit after 1 month, which technically is a long time. Can you elaborate?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

black said: image

It really turned me off to be honsest. Any serious company will worry about the first impression, which is what counts: in this case it wasn't nice. No EV SSL.

• So to utlize that USD 50 or part there of after the first month, one should add 25USD, or finish off that 50 within the first month? well i can see things now.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

finally received the verification email just now, but only add $5 credit? not $50 ...

• @hotsnow said:
    finally received the verification email just now, but only add $5 credit? not $50 ...

fixed now

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @upfreak said:
    So to utlize that USD 50 or part there of after the first month, one should add 25USD, or finish off that 50 within the first month? well i can see things now.

Correct

• Thanks all for signing up, the was a lot of interest, thanks! We have reached the goals for this promotion and will get back soon with more actions!

Users that registered and did not get their e-mail yet will be contacted directly.

• @mothership1 said:
    Correct

50 USD expires only if no credit has been uploaded after 1 month.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@mothership1 - sent you PM

• I didn't rec> @Ruriko said:

no email... not even in spam box

me too

• DylanDylan Member
    edited July 2014

@viCommunications said:
    It really turned me off to be honsest. Any serious company will worry about the first impression, which is what counts: in this case it wasn't nice. No EV SSL.

You should probably let Amazon, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, OVH, 1and1, BlueHost, and the hojillion other very serious companies that don't use EV SSL know that they're making such a bad first impression!

Thanked by 2perennate 0xdragon
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Dylan said: You should probably let Amazon, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, OVH, 1and1, BlueHost, and the hojillion other very serious companies that don't use EV SSL know that they're making such a bad first impression!

Come on. Those are not serious companies. He was talking about the serious ones.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • RurikoRuriko Member

hmm there's no internet access on these machines :(

Thanked by 1FrankZ