Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For DDoS Protected VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For DDoS Protected VPS

mujmuj Member

Looking to host a website, but I need a DDoS protected VPS.

Is OVH any good?

I heard Ramnode does it but do they protect all kinds of DDoS attacks?

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

said: I heard Ramnode does it but do they protect all kinds of DDoS attacks?

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=85

Google is your friend.

• mujmuj Member
    edited July 2014

@ATHK said:
    Google is your friend.

Do they? it just says "wide array of TCP and UDP attacks"

ICMP Echo Request Flood
    IP Packet Fragment Attack
    SMURF
    IGMP Flood
    Ping of Death
    TCP SYN Flood
    TCP Spoofed SYN Flood
    TCP SYN ACK Reflection Flood
    TCP ACK Flood
    TCP Fragmented Attack
    UDP Flood
    UDP Fragment Flood
    Distributed DNS Amplification Attack
    DNS Flood
    HTTP(S) GET/POST Flood
    DDoS DNS

^ Do they protect against these attacks?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2014

I'm not trying to be rude here, but with such a specific request, why not drop them presales ticket?

• consider formatting said ticket, too

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@muj said:
    ^ Do they protect against these attacks?

Those are common attack types, any decent DDoS protection provider should be able to filter that out. If you are running a gameserver it might be a bigger problem though, some gameserver engines are very easy to exploit meaning that they can be taken down with a very low bandwidth flood. Of course this could be the case with other applications aswel.

• BuyVM has DDoS protected as well.

• Yes, OVH is good.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

In terms of capacity, OVH and Voxility (and voxility resellers) are hard to beat.
    In terms of filtering quality and in terms of false positive rate, I would go with RamNode.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

BuyVM has A+ ddos protection for only $3/month. Both L7 & L4.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • mujmuj Member

Instead of moving the files from servers can I just add the ddos protected IP to my old server?

• mujmuj Member

@viCommunications said:

BuyVM DDos better than RamNode?

• OVH has the best DDoS protection as the provide upto 480 Gbps/Mpps solid DDoS protection without any additional charge.

• @viCommunications said:

What is their total mitigation capacity? If its same 10 or 20 Gbps then that might not be enough as most booters these days are capable of launching much bigger attacks due to the different type of amplification attacks.

Thanked by 1BikHost
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@K2Bytes said:
    What is their total mitigation capacity? If its same 10 or 20 Gbps then that might not be enough as most booters these days are capable of launching much bigger attacks due to the different type of amplification attacks.

@muj said:
    BuyVM DDos better than RamNode?

We do 20gbit/sec in either location for $3/month.

In the off chances a flood passes through (sometimes L7, etc), we'll apply additional localized filtering at your VPS for free.

There's more than a few customers that I've done fairly extensive improvements to their setups to deal with some minor bot leaks.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • mujmuj Member

@K2Bytes said:

Yeah most booters do more than 20 Gbps.

• Yes, I would recommend OVH as well.

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • mujmuj Member

@BikHost said:
    Yes, I would recommend OVH as well.
    @K2Bytes said:
    OVH has the best DDoS protection as the provide upto 480 Gbps/Mpps solid DDoS protection without any additional charge.
    @K2Bytes said:
    OVH has the best DDoS protection as the provide upto 480 Gbps/Mpps solid DDoS protection without any additional charge.

Ordered OVH VPS Classic 4, taking ages to activate
    How long does it normaly take?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

muj said: Ordered OVH VPS Classic 4, taking ages to activate How long does it normaly take?

From looking at my emails it was very quick, a matter of minutes, but I ordered around 7.30pm GMT - what time did you order and how long have you been waiting?

• mujmuj Member

@Nekki said:
    From looking at my emails it was very quick, a matter of minutes, but I ordered around 7.30pm GMT - what time did you order and how long have you been waiting?

Ordered at 4:57am UK time, still waiting. It says order processing.

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited July 2014

BuyVM uses Staminus, In my research RAMNODE uses CNservers, and so do I, when a high amount of DDOS Traffic (UDP) is incoming they seal off UDP, not good for gameservers, team speak, etc etc...

BuyVM uses Staminus which consistently fights off the bad UDP Traffic instead of blocking it, because simply sealing off UDP is also a denial of service the whole point of the attacker is to bring the service down

OVH Does the same as CNservers (Blocking UDP)

• Maybe they just stopped the process for validation. Make sure they didn't send you any email about account validation / identification.

• Looks like you still don't understand why "sealing off" UDP is necessary at some point. what a time waste by showing you that...

@nexmark said:
    BuyVM uses Staminus, In my research RAMNODE uses CNservers, and so do I, when a high amount of DDOS Traffic (UDP) is incoming they seal off UDP, not good for gameservers, team speak, etc etc...

BuyVM uses Staminus which consistently fights off the bad UDP Traffic instead of blocking it, because simply sealing off UDP is also a denial of service the whole point of the attacker is to bring the service down

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited July 2014

@CNSjack said:
    Looks like you still don't understand why "sealing off" UDP is necessary at some point. what a time waste by showing you that...

Do you speak for every DDoS protection out there?

@nexmark said:

Nope, they don't.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited July 2014

please delete

• CNSjackCNSjack Member
    edited July 2014

Yep, I already showed @nexmark how ovh would block UDP at some point, and this is true for pretty much all providers unless they want to leak lots packets to customer's server. I would be happy to demonstrate to you if you want. PM me and will get touch on skype.

@tr1cky said:
    Do you speak for every DDoS protection out there?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Staminous shits on CNServers. CNServers have medicore layer 7 protection and herustic systems, while Staminous have advanced systems in place. In terms of L4 too, Staminous wins, they will continue to mitigate in live-time whilst CNServers will drop all UDP traffic and deploy a system to filter the traffic before releasing UDP again.

CNServers also deploys javascript-authentication L7 mitigiation, which is horrible. Some mobile users cannot access a site when the js-auth L7 mitigiation scripts are activated - staminous never do this.

Sorry jack :(

• CNSjackCNSjack Member
    edited July 2014

I'm more than happy to prove that you are wrong atleast on the UDP part. Setup a Linux VM that you think can block bad UDP traffic and still let good UDP traffic through, me and you can login at the same time and see how UDP attack gets leaked to the VM or all UDP gets blocked. How's that sound to you?

@viCommunications said:
    Staminous shits on CNServers. CNServers have medicore layer 7 protection and herustic systems, while Staminous have advanced systems in place. In terms of L4 too, Staminous wins, they will continue to mitigate in live-time whilst CNServers will drop all UDP traffic and deploy a system to filter the traffic before releasing UDP again.

CNServers also deploys javascript-authentication L7 mitigiation, which is horrible. Some mobile users cannot access a site when the js-auth L7 mitigiation scripts are activated - staminous never do this.

Sorry jack :(

• @muj said:
    Ordered at 4:57am UK time, still waiting. It says order processing.

Is your account at OVH validated? Otherwise it never takes that long.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

CNSjack said: How's that sound to you?

Are you threatening to DDoS me on a public forum?

• Nope, just want to prove that you are wrong, if you don't want to, that's fine with me.