Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New from FirstVDS (RUS): ~$1.76 256MB 10GB ∞BW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New from FirstVDS (RUS): ~$1.76 256MB 10GB ∞BW

devnulldevnull Member
edited June 2014 in Offers

I just found out they have a new plan called "Warm-Up". It costs 60RUB which, according to XE, is about $1.76.

Full specs:

• CPU: 1 Core
  • RAM: 256 MB
  • HDD: 10 GB
  • BW: Unlimited @ 100Mbps

This is a limited stock offer. They're planning to sell 1000 VPSes only.

Terms and conditions apply (for this plan):

• No ISPmanager[1];
  • No promotions and discounts apply for this plan;
  • You can't order any add-ons for this plan;
  • Their free DNS is not available for this plan;
  • No moneyback;

UPD: (translation by @rm_)

• VM type is OpenVZ;
  • Game servers are forbidden on this plan;
  • Abusers will be kicked out (with the provider determining in their sole discretion what amounts to "abuse");
  • No SLA or guarantee of any kind whatsoever.

Full list and more invo available here: http://firstvds.ru/products/vds_vps_cheap

[1]. ISPmanager is honestly the best server control panel I've ever used. It's developed by ISPserver, the company behind FirstVDS. Though I guess lack of the control panel should not be a turndown for most of the LET users.

FirstVDS has been in business since late 2002. I've been using their services for 6 years already. Except for the links, I am not affiliated with this company. I was lucky enough to get on a node where I've experienced little to no network/availability issues. Because of that positive experience I was recommending the company to most of my friends and people I was working with, but some of them actually did experience unavailability issues. Not for long though, so I think it's kind of acceptable for a low-end budget service.

They also offer some other plans, starting from ~$4.37 for 512MB/30GB/Unlim VPS. You can get a 25% one-time discount on those plans if you use my affiliate link.

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

Dead? Error.

• @Chuck said:
    Dead? Error.

what do you mean?

• ChuckChuck Member

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

Should also mention that:

• VM type is OpenVZ;
    • game servers are forbidden on this plan;
    • abusers will be kicked out (with the provider determining in their sole discretion what amounts to "abuse");
    • no SLA or guarantee of any kind whatsoever.
  • CoJustinCoJustin Member
    edited June 2014

Cheers, might pick one up :)

E: They don't accept PayPal :( looks like I won't be getting one after all.

• Thanks for sharing. No idea what the issue is. Works for me, tried from a UK VPN

• @rm_ said:
    Should also mention that:

updated, thanks for translating

• maxmayersmaxmayers Member
    edited June 2014

I used FirstVDS in 2008-2013. These are the cheapest VPS in Russia and large enough company. However pay attention that quality of the given services is not high. Frequent enough idle times and absence of communication are possible at any time. For placing of the test server, no more. Also pay attention that on OpenVZ at them any are forbidden VPN/Proxy.

PS. Private Proxy/VPN are resolved on servers KVM only. Monthly payment beginning from ~ $5 for 512Mb and 30Gb HDD. For Russia this excellent offer, by the way.)

• MuZoMuZo Member

I got one some days ago and I've been monitoring it with observium.
    So far I can say it's pretty stable, it went offline a single time for some minutes.
    Network speed is not that good thought: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/625441/#Comment_625441.

Phone verification is also required.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited June 2014

Is paypal possible?

• awsonawson Member

Any test IPs?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Works just fine for me, instant setup after payment completed, aware about phone verification. Control panel might be switched to English inside account. TUN/TAP disabled.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

They offer also cheap back up storage, only 2 Rubles per Gb per month :) 50 Gb=100 Rub (3Usd)- http://firstvds.ru/products/backup

edited June 2014

fitvpn said: They offer also cheap back up storage, only 2 Rubles per Gb per month :) 50 Gb=100 Rub (3Usd)

3 USD/month for 50 GB is not cheap at all. You can very likely find a fully-functional VPS with that amount of storage for less.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

If compare with hubic yet :) but can order any amount of GB such a 28Gb or 12Gb its not fixed pay only for really used space, its a good idea..

• iSkyiSky Member

CoJustin said: They don't accept PayPal :( looks like I won't be getting one after all.

can someone clarify this ? then what payment they accept CC only ??

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2014

@CoJustin @iSky Russian providers very rare accept PayPal because PP not a very popular in Russia, many domestic payment systems here cover all internet payments, and because PP has a chargebacks

• MuZoMuZo Member

@iSky said: can someone clarify this ? then what payment they accept CC only ??

Accepted payment methods: http://firstvds.ru/company/payments
    As @fitvpn said, Paypal is not a common payment method there, they accept many local payment services, the easiest way as a foreign is to use the CC.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

PayPal has a high rate of chargebacks and stolen accounts fraud, nobody there wants stuck with cases every day. Domestic payment systems have a zero fraud attempts, they protected from this type of scam.This reason consider real business don't use PayPal as payment gateway.

fitvpn said: This reason consider real business don't use PayPal as payment gateway.

One more reason being that it became possible to withdraw money from a Paypal account to a bank account of a Russian business only since September-2013, i.e. not even a year ago.

• @rm_ and another don't forget about National Payment System law.

• Anyone still using one of these? What's the best payment method?