Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kimsurfi KS3 Windows Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kimsurfi KS3 Windows Server

hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Hi all
Looking for a hand here. Am thinking of getting a KS3 server and was wondering if I could use Windows Server 2012 on it?

Thanks
Harry

Comments

• iSkyiSky Member

KS1 is capable use the windows server 2012, already try it but it seems more slower than the KS3 one

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Yes you can, there are some instructions on here that guide you how to install any windows version on a kimsufi.

• Just a small reminder, Windows Server 2012 will NOT work on the KS-3 with the i3 CPU, this is due to the network card which is not supported by Windows Server 2012

However, Windows 8.1 does work

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

What about ks4? Will it run windows server?
    Another question, how much internet traffic do I get in a month?

• nimdynimdy Member

If you're buying a KS3, it's easier to setup a Proxmox installation then create a Windows VM. I've got a Windows 8.1 VM working well through proxmox.

@nimdy said:
    If you're buying a KS3, it's easier to setup a Proxmox installation then create a Windows VM. I've got a Windows 8.1 VM working well through proxmox.

How do I do this please?

• nimdy said: If you're buying a KS3, it's easier to setup a Proxmox installation then create a Windows VM

Oh really? Wanna bet that my tutorial is quicker ;)

I thought that windows server on ks3 would not work due to the nic on the server. Can anyone clarify please?

• @hawc said:
    I thought that windows server on ks3 would not work due to the nic on the server. Can anyone clarify please?

Please read my post again... Windows server 2012 doesn't work, windows 8.1 does

Would KS4 run Windows Server 2012?