Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap cheap wildcard ssl ???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap cheap wildcard ssl ???

Hey all,

Im looking to get a wildcard ssl but im wondering if anyone knows where i can get them cheaply

Comments

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

GGSSL reseller.

http://puu.sh/9DI3L.png

• you resell them? or just showing their prices?

@Saiku said:
    GGSSL reseller.

http://puu.sh/9DI3L.png

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

https://clients.noc5group.com/cart.php

Comodo Wildcard PositiveSSL - £38/yr

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@ginner159 said:
    you resell them? or just showing their prices?

I could resell them, since I have an account with them, but I prefer that would be the last resort since I don't own a company/billing system/whatever its called these days to be able to resell something.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

We provide free 1 year wildcard SSL's with all our VPS from only $6/m.

http://vmbox.co

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

@VMbox's is the cheapest I've ever seen.

• @VMbox said:
    We provide free 1 year wildcard SSL's with all our VPS from only $6/m.

http://vmbox.co

thanks for that but i dont need a vps as i have a dedi do you do them that cheep just on their own?

edited June 2014

You can buy the VPS for one month, get the certificate, then cancel if you wish. You don't have to stay the full year.

Thanked by 1ginner159
  • @VMbox said:
    You can buy the VPS for one month, get the certificate, then cancel if you wish. You don't have to stay the full year.

Bit misleading, the SSL have to stay on your network.

• trexostrexos Member

@VMbox said:

How does this work with subdomains? Do I need to conctact you if I want a new subdomain ssl secured or do I have to use my ol cert?

• GiulioGiulio Member
    edited June 2014

@trexos said:
    How does this work with subdomains? Do I need to conctact you if I want a new subdomain ssl secured or do I have to use my ol cert?

A wildcard is valid for *.mydomain.com.

To use it, just make the webserver use it also for your subdomain.

@jeffreywinters said:

How can they restrict this?

• khavkhav Member

Sadly the $49/yr wildcard ssl from ipxcore is no longer available.

@trexos

Once you setup the certificates , there is no need to contact anyone when you add new subdomains , its just set and forget for wildcard certs and that's why people love these

Thanked by 1trexos
  • I can provide them for $46 /year (this includes PayPal fees)

Just send me a PM if interested

• GiulioGiulio Member

@VMBox, is there any restriction with your cert?

They are supposed to be used on our network only. We are aware of customers who use them elsewhere and none have ever been revoked in 2+ years.

Thanked by 2ironhide lukesUbuntu
  • GiulioGiulio Member

@VMbox said:
    They are supposed to be used on our network only. We are aware of customers who use them elsewhere and none have ever been revoked in 2+ years.

So revoking them depend on your provider, which could do it at anytime they notice it? Anyway for 6$ it's still worth a try imo

• trexostrexos Member

Thank you :) and is it possible to use one cert on different servers when its the same domain?

• GiulioGiulio Member

@trexos said:
    Thank you :) and is it possible to use one cert on different servers when its the same domain?

It should work without any problem

Thanked by 1trexos
  • @jeffreywinters said:

Indeed it is misleading.
    *Note: SSLs will ONLY work on SingleHop IP addresses. Certificates issued to non-SingleHop IP addresses will be automatically expired.

• GiulioGiulio Member

@itrmike said:
    *Note: SSLs will ONLY work on SingleHop IP addresses. Certificates issued to non-SingleHop IP addresses will be automatically expired.

The "automatic" part seems to be not working as far as @VMBox is saying.

• Even so... I would rather buy the Alpha SSL wildcard for $45 than cheap out and then have no cert if they do happen to find out that it is not being used on their ip ranges and revoke the cert - probably disrupting any live/production environment.

• GiulioGiulio Member

@itrmike said:
    Even so... I would rather buy the Alpha SSL wildcard for $45 than cheap out and then have no cert if they do happen to find out that it is not being used on their ip ranges and revoke the cert - probably disrupting any live/production environment.

Obviously depends on your needs. For running a small blog and stuff like that i would give a chanche to the VMBox one. I you are lloking for something to use in "a production environment" this isn't probably the right choice.

• @Giulio said:
    Obviously depends on your needs. For running a small blog and stuff like that i would give a chanche to the VMBox one. I you are lloking for something to use in "a production environment" this isn't probably the right choice.

Heck if you're running a personal blog why would you even need ssl? Just purchase a single domain/standard alphassl cert from most providers and secure a certain hostname for $15.

• GiulioGiulio Member

@itrmike said:

I'm running a blog but since i'm using a vps nothing exludes to run other services, maybe for testing purposes, on subdomains. If i could get a wildcard for 6, i would get one.

@itrmike said:

That's not true. They don't care where you use them in my opinion. Especially when you spend as much as we do there.

• berkayberkay Member

@itrmike said:

Your post is misleading too. I've used a VMbox issued wildcard AlphaSSL at a non-SingleHOP IP (actually, I never used that cert in SingleHOP network) and no "automatically expiring" has happened. Not using that right now but sure it's still useable.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

itrmike said: Heck if you're running a personal blog why would you even need ssl? Just purchase a single domain/standard alphassl cert from most providers and secure a certain hostname for $15.

If you can get by with a non-wildcard SSL, then there's the option of StartCom's free cert. Actually it's issued for the domain itself + one subdomain of your choice. If you don't use "www", you can choose an arbitrary subdomain instead of that. E.g. I have a "domain.tld + aux.domain.tld" and "domain.tld + v1.domain.tld" certs from StartCom.

Also if you need it just for testing or development (i.e. just for yourself), you can get CACert's free wildcard SSL. It's not included in most browsers/OSes, so has a somewhat limited usability; but it's supported by at least some (such as Debian), so better than self-signed.

• @itrmike said:

How would they even know?

@Giulio said:
    I'm running a blog but since i'm using a vps nothing exludes to run other services, maybe for testing purposes, on subdomains. If i could get a wildcard for 6, i would get one.

Use promo code: CJTNL2T059 and get one for $3. :)

• blackblack Member

@VMbox said:
    Use promo code: CJTNL2T059 and get one for $3. :)

How long can you issue these SSLs for? Can we get more than 1 SSL per VPS order? As in buy it as an add-on or something that's < $3?