Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need review about dnsmadeeasy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need review about dnsmadeeasy

exp82exp82 Member

Hi i'm ready to sign up with dnsmadeeasy for my dns handling ,
do anyone have using them before?
i need some review and can help me list any good provider?
and what really Queries per Month mean? i still confused with this

thanks

Comments

• @exp82 said:
    Hi i'm ready to sign up with dnsmadeeasy for my dns handling ,
    do anyone have using them before?
    i need some review and can help me list any good provider?

thanks

Why don't you use any other DNS provider, is there any specific reason you want to use them? You could use any thing else, like afraid; or NameCheap's free DNS service, or CloudFlare, or any number of self-hosted DNS services considering this is a cheap VPS community...

• @exp82 said:

Number of DNS requests they will resolve.

• tzartzar Member

I use them for work, they have a terrible UI, but the service itself has been fine so far. The queries/month concerned me as well, but I guess it depends on your scale - I get 5 million queries/month and have never gone above 100k split across one main and two auxiliary domains.

As to why I'm using them, I was previously using free DNS options (Zerigo) but some countries in the EU & Asia were encountering problems. DNS made easy offered the best global distribution of DNS servers for our customers with the best uptime record at a good price.

Side note: I don't like hosting DNS with domain name registrars as it reduces your failover ability - if your registrar goes down, your DNS is fine & changeable; if your DNS goes down, you can reassign nameservers at the registrar. It also simplifies things when transferring domains between registrars. But that's probably overly paranoid :)

• ZEROFZEROF Member

Try DuckDns, I know 4-5 co-workers using them for self hosted blogs.

• kaflokaflo Member

they always come up top in the DNS speed comparison report

http://www.solvedns.com/dns-comparison/2014/05

• ZEROFZEROF Member

Sure,

But i don't see some DNS providers on this list. This i can't call full report.

@kaflo said:
    they always come up top in the DNS speed comparison report

http://www.solvedns.com/dns-comparison/2014/05

• kaflokaflo Member

@ZEROF said:
    Sure,

But i don't see some DNS providers on this list. This i can't call full report.

Why? Do you think your DuckDns can beat dnsmadeeasy?

Be my guest and find out for yourself.

• ZEROFZEROF Member

I don't say that, but run test on your side and you will see. Your site is poor marketing if you ask me.

Try on you own with: https://www.ultratools.com/tools/dnsHostingSpeed

I don't say that DuckDns will win other providers, just that information on that site are not that good.

• I used them for a while before switching to cloudflare. The service was good and the interface was decent. I had the small business plan, but decided to move to cloudflare because it was free.

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited June 2014

I was also in same situation of outsourcing our DNS and did few homework on this.

I was considering following options

1) Rage4.com
    2) DnsMadeEasy
    3) CloudDns.net

Rage4 is very good in terms of interface, features like fail-over , use of vanity DNS and any cast network etc and good for low traffic sites. only issue I am concerned is about their price structure which is, if the queries go beyond the 250000 mark they charge 2 euros ( 1 for domain and 1 for next 1 million queries). So if we have few domains who goes above that mark it can simply add up billing. If they were offering a fixed pricing I might have surely gone with them

DNSMadeEasy is good and offer similar features like anycast, vanity dns etc but they are costly if we have more domains and again based on the volume of DNS queries pricing may vary . If you have decided to go with them, go ahead they are really good.

Cloudns.net is not anycast but they have wonderful control panel and offer features like vanity dns. They are cheap and charge only 2$ for unlimited domains. They have a plan for 5$ which has few DDOS protected DNS servers as well. On my search about them some people were mentioning about downtime on their service due to DDOS targeting them but those posts were dated back to 2001 and 2002 , i can see that now they are reliable and stable. So finally I have decided to go with their DDOS protected plan.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Something to take note when using Dnsmadeeasy is that you have to watch out for the queries that you push each month. You have to monitor it carefully incase it exceed the monthly permitted usage, the over-charges can be pretty high.

Otherwise, they are one solid dns provider.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

I have ever used Cloudns.net, but now I can't use them anymore, because many ns server of Cloudns.net been blocked by GFW in China.

• @hotsnow are you from china? can any one confirm that cloundns is blocked in china? please PM me if you can so that I can send you few sites

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited June 2014

@praveen said:
    hotsnow are you from china? can any one confirm that cloundns is blocked in china? please PM me if you can so that I can send you few sites

yep, not all the dns servers of Cloudns.net have been blocked, some of them been blocked

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

We used DNSMadeEasy for a really long time because of their failover DNS feature which I really liked and worked really well as long as you don't have any DDOS protection on your webservers. They've been around fairly long and are well trusted for corporate usage so I would trust them with my DNS any day. We ended up hitting the 5 million query limit regularly so we switched back to Namecheap's DNS when we stopped using their failover DNS feature.

We weren't sure how we were exceeding 5 million queries per month but their support was super awesome and provided us with some logs and reports to help us figure out that the majority of our traffic was from Europe but we couldn't figure out why we were getting so many hits per second. In the end we decided the just move away from them to save costs since Namecheap offered exactly what we needed for free.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@praveen - we do offer flat fee based packages

• DNSMadeEasy provides solid service. I used to use them but moved away becaue (a) there was no mechanism for mass updates, and (b) they jacked up the price of additional domains.

• I have one business subscription. It is a worry free service. The way I see it, it costs me 0.164384 per day (59.95/365). :)

My current stats are 687.32k / 10m for 15 domains. On my current plan, I can have up to 25 domains and up to 3 "DNS monitor failover". Two e-commerce domains have an average of 17,000 queries per day; and each domain generates about 125gig of traffic per month. Also, one of the domain is using custom dns (e.g. ns1.mydomain.com).

• I am using them and very satisfied.Not a single complaint

• gbshouse said: @praveen - we do offer flat fee based packages

how much ?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@ftpit contact us office [ at ] gbshouse.com