Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rDNS when migrating my VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

rDNS when migrating my VPS

belmorebelmore Member

I am currently moving from one VPS provider to another. Both offer SolusVM. Both nodes are OpenVZ and both are using the same OS - Debian Wheezy 64bit.

On the old VPS I have rDNS set to server1.domain.com . Important since I am running an email server. I had to ask tech support to set it for me.

I wish to set rDNS on the new VPS to be the same as it was on my old VPS: server1.domain.com . I can set it myself this time, via SolusVM.

Am I going to run into trouble? Will it be impossible to set rDNS on the new VPS without first changing it to a different value on the old VPS?

Comments

• shouldnt be a problem

• J1021J1021 Member

You'll be able to change it in SolusVM but you should only have one A record for the hostname.

• Nope, should not be, just update your DNS records.

• There shouldn't be any problem at all, the only thing you need next to do is set your domain A record to new VPS.

• Thank you, all, for your helpful answers.