Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install rTorrent + NginX + ruTorrent (Perfect LEB SeedBox Solution)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install rTorrent + NginX + ruTorrent (Perfect LEB SeedBox Solution)

Installing rTorrent+ruTorrent along with NginX was never this easy!

Check my Tutorial. I created this after going through all the Tuto's around net. None of them works Perfectly. So try this leave feedback in comment.

If any1 can automate the process, that will be highly appreciated.

=== Part 1 – Install rTorrent + NginX + ruTorrent ===

itsmegeek.com/install-rtorrent-nginx-rutorrent/

=== Part 2 – Secure ruTorrent + Download Directory with Username/Password ===

itsmegeek.com/secure-rutorrent-download-directory-usernamepassword/

=== Part 3 – rTorrent GUI in Android – Transdrone (Perfect Portable Solution) ===

itsmegeek.com/rtorrent-gui-android-transdrone-perfect-portable-solution/

Thanks.

Comments

• thanks for the tutorial. im going to do this on my vpsdime.

Thanked by 1ashique
  • iSkyiSky Member

@lelewku VPSDime allow torrent ?

• @iSky said:
    lelewku VPSDime allow torrent ?

i think so.

• iSkyiSky Member

@lelewku said:

you think so ? hmmmm..... maybe @serverian can make sure this, i have another friends told me they allow for torrent too

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@iSky said:
    you think so ? hmmmm..... maybe serverian can make sure this, i have another friends told me they allow for torrent too

Private torrent on their storage plans.

• This Script is outdated. Very buggy. Creates endless Problems in New OS versions.

I prefer to do the steps Manually with all the Controls in Hand.

^_^

• Any reason not going to transmission + transmission-gui + ftp?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ashique said:
    This Script is outdated. Very buggy. Creates endless Problems in New OS versions.

^_^

If anyone wants, I made a new up to date version that works. Just PM me.

Alexander

• @iSky said:
    you think so ? hmmmm..... maybe serverian can make sure this, i have another friends told me they allow for torrent too

Only on high storage plans and only private torrents.

• @ashique said:
    This Script is outdated. Very buggy. Creates endless Problems in New OS versions.

^_^

Worked without problem for me on Ubuntu 12.04.

• Just look @ the resource usage!

• one should reboot after installing the scripts

• kaflokaflo Member

@ashique said:
    If any1 can automate the process, that will be highly appreciated.

>

Debian 7 32 bit

$ wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.github.com/SeedboxCreator/SeedboxCreationScript/master/seedbox-setup && sh seedbox-setup

Thanked by 1ashique
  • Switched recently to a new setup:
    Transmission + WebUI (127.0.0.1 only) + Hiawatha as HTTPS reverse proxy for WebUI and for downloading files.

Pretty simple to configure, so no real need for a script IMO.

• thanks. will try this one later, i like do a manually like this, so i know what i am doing rather than using automation script.. at least you learn something.

i have done using lighttpd, right now want to try to use nginx. ;)

Thanked by 1ashique
  • I'd better to do manual one, seems harder to use but less buggy. Btw, I don't think so that the vpsdime would allow public torrent, and please consider the resource you're going to use to run these torrent things

Thanked by 1ashique
  • FritzFritz Veteran

Whew..took almost a half hour to complete the first part of the tutorial.

Thanked by 1ashique
  • @msg7086 said:
    Any reason not going to transmission + transmission-gui + ftp?

That's what I use :) but instead of ftp I use sftp.

• khavkhav Member

@ashique

I am new with seedboxes but i installed Deluge Gui + Nginx in very few steps and i can seed / download just fine.Nginx has been installed so that i can download files to my computer via http

What's the advantage of such a complex setup over a simple Deluge install on centos

• What if I tell you, my tuto is inspired by him! :)

Added some parts to make it a perfect installation. ^_^

• @khav said:
    ashique

I am new with seedboxes but i installed Deluge Gui + Nginx in very few steps and i can seed / download just fine.Nginx has been installed so that i can download files to my computer via http

What's the advantage of such a complex setup over a simple Deluge install on centos

You know what you are doing, even I deployed it on a Running Server with other sites. Worked Great.

• khavkhav Member

@ashique said:
    You know what you are doing, even I deployed it on a Running Server with other sites. Worked Great.

Yup its does .....its also pretty simple but you still haven't told me if your setup has more advantages than mine

Frankly speaking i saw rTorrent + NginX + ruTorrent setup on many sites but i always wonder why they didn't do a simple deluge install....maybe i am missing something

• All the Plugins! :)

Standard Soltution for Seedbox. You can Create, Automate and do almost everything you need from one panel.

• khavkhav Member

You can Create, Automate and do almost everything you need from one panel.

i don't get this....any reference where i can get more info about the plugins and automation in general

• Check some of the features here :

• khavkhav Member

Looks similar to Deluge Gui to be frank

• ZEROFZEROF Member

Hi man,

Can you grab some time and write down your settings.

Thank you.

@salakis said:
    Switched recently to a new setup:
    Transmission + WebUI (127.0.0.1 only) + Hiawatha as HTTPS reverse proxy for WebUI and for downloading files.

Pretty simple to configure, so no real need for a script IMO.

• ZEROF said: Hi man,

Can you grab some time and write down your settings.

Currently not at home, can explain it more detailed in a couple of days.
    Anyways, transmission-daemon default config, Web-UI turned on, running on default port with only 127.0.0.1 whitelisted and /home/transmission as default DL folder.
    Hiawatha also pretty much default .conf, listening on :443 with self-signed .pem ssl cert (1:1 like in Hiawatha HOWTO).
    Default Website is a blank file for security reasons, one virtual host is the reverse proxy for 127.0.0.1:9091 - the WebUI + another one is an index of /home/transmission.

Hope it helped a bit, otherwise I could make it more detailed in few days.