Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus acquired by Wow Technologies, Inc.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus acquired by Wow Technologies, Inc.

Looks like after 6 years Ken is retiring from the industry and has sold his company, Virpus.

http://virpus.com/blog/virpus-networks-acquired/

SEATTLE, WA – Wow Technologies, Inc., a Seattle, WA. based Cloud Infrastructure Company, today announces that it has acquired the assets of Virpus Networks, Inc., a leader in budget Xen VPS’s currently based in Kansas City, MO.

With the acquisition of Virpus, Wow Technologies is able to extend over into the budget VPS hosting world, and add serious value to the market by using its resources to expand onto what Virpus has already built. “Kenneth has built a quality product with loyal customer base with Virpus and we are extremely excited that we will build on top of what Kenneth has already achieved. We will be offering new product and services in the coming months and adding different datacenter locations to our offerings”, says Jimmy Pandra, President and Managing Partner at Wow Technologies.

“I feel this acquisition is going to open up new possibilities for the market as a whole, in addition to being able to provide the existing customer base and new customers with a far more superior service over our competitors”, says Kenneth Odem, co-founder of Virpus Networks. “I’m excited for the new direction of the company, as well as remaining onboard to oversee the operation to help excel the company’s growth plan.”

Virpus was founded in 2006 by Kenneth Odem and Nick Rose with the mission from the very beginning of providing an unmatched service at highly competitive price points.

Wow Technologies, Inc, founded in 2001, is a Seattle based cloud service provider; offering various Hosting services including Private Cloud and Managed Hosting Solutions, Dedicated Server Solutions, Web Hosting Solutions and Colocation Services. The company runs multiple brands of hosting products including Wowrack.com, Coloinseattle.com, Serverstadium.com and Stylehosting.com.

Thanked by 1eric1212

Comments

• Aww :(

• Wow, never thought that would happen...

Thanked by 2Licensecart Noerman
  • laaevlaaev Member

linuxthefish said: Wow, never thought that would happen...

I never expected it either :p Let's see if this turns out to be for better or worse for Virpus.

• AmitzAmitz Member

At least they communicate acquisitions... ;-)

Thanked by 1MartinD
  • Why anyone would want to acquire aids incarnate is beyond me, but good luck to them regardless.

Thanked by 2GIANT_CRAB Leechum
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Zen said:
    Isn't Virpus really crappy?

When I had an OpenVZ with them the vps itself was ok. Being in Kansas City I always had trouble getting good speeds.
    The support on the other hand was a disaster. People answering tickets who had no idea what a vps was.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Wow Technologies owns other hosting companies? never heard about them...

• They're called "WOWrack" they're quite a big provider. Virpus has, well are a good host. they've been OK for us.

• VNKenVNKen Member

Hi All,

My name is Kenneth, co-founder of Virpus. Wowrack is indeed a very big company with almost 100 employees world wide, 9 locations now, with their Seattle location of 18k sq. feet being their own data center.

This acquisition will enhance existing customers experience over time with plans included moving all services into pure SSD RAID 10 nodes.

We have plans to expand to other markets both domestic and abroad, as well as improve on locations we already have.

It is a great fit for both us and our customers, and time will surely tell.

Should anyone have any questions, feel free to open a ticket on our help desk :)

• @VNKen what is current promo?

• VNKenVNKen Member

@MorningIris said:
    VNKen what is current promo?

We are discounting our SVM1024 or higher by 50% for life. They are all SSD plans.

• laaevlaaev Member

Ken, congratulations. Are you staying on with Virpus as an employee after the acquisition?

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2014

CVPS_Adam said: “I’m excited for the new direction of the company, as well as remaining onboard to oversee the operation to help excel the company’s growth plan.”

• laaevlaaev Member

Ah, I missed that :p thanks @black!

• Virpus got nice packages for Xen VPS Cloud. Will get one with Cpanel in the next few days. :)

• I have a VPS from Virpus. Quite satisfied with it. Good luck under new management!

• zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2014

Unsure when it started, but they are having some special until the end of this month, 4 core (hopefully not of an Atom, I don't know), 1GB RAM, 30 GB SSD, 3TB, linux for $5/mo (vps, "For the life of the service")

• @zevus said:
    Unsure when it started, but they are having some special until the end of this month, 4 core (hopefully not of an Atom, I don't know), 1GB RAM, 30 GB SSD, 3TB, linux for $5/mo (vps, "For the life of the service")

Got a link?

• @Peroni said:
    Got a link?

I thought this is their standard pricing? From time to time they also offer free DA if you pay semi-annually or longer as well.

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited August 2014

@Licensecart said:
    Aww :(

It's a WOW

• oh, yeah, looks like a bunch of their links on that blog post are still broken, hah.

i've never used 'Wow' or Virpus... so no clue

• I thought Virpus was even worse than 123systems when I used them three or four years ago.

Thanked by 1sonic