Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

strato.de - KVM servers? Or no?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

strato.de - KVM servers? Or no?

Hello,

Who know is this KVM servers or , vurtozzo.

Becausase as i see there is windows version and linux version but.. now i think this is KVM. But who know...

Sometimes i dont understand the german hosts :D

This looks KVM.... guys?

Comments

• forthcloudforthcloud Member
    edited June 2014

Virtuozzo or OpenVZ

Edit: Virtuozzo works with Windows too.

• @forthcloud said:
    Virtuozzo or OpenVZ

Edit: Virtuozzo works with Windows too.

Ah thanks.

So not KVM , :) sorry to hear

• @ZweiTiger said:

It looks like they are using Hyper-V for Windows.

• FalzoFalzo Member

Use of virtuozzo is very common amongst the bigger german provider... may be they use something different for Windows bot probably in different nodes though...

• GienGien Member

I have used strato for many years now. And depending on what node you are its probably openvz. No kvm availble, windows machines are on different nodes (you can request a private vlan for a fee) im very happy woth strato there very very stable. Bit a bit keen/quick with thesuspend button. Which takes hours/days to undo... But untill now, execpt from being suspended for compromized servers i have had ZERO downtime

• You like German providers @ZweiTiger? ;)

• edited June 2014

Gien said: its probably openvz.

You are insane? They aren't using OpenVZ...

They use Virtuozzo which is probably like OpenVZ but let me say it so: it's much better because it has... like real support and development.

I have a Strato box with 338 days uptime and only 10 minutes down (reboot due to kernel upgrade about 3 days ago as announced by them via mail and another reboot yesterday due to security updates on some kernel stuff). Rock solid!

• GienGien Member

I thought it was openvz cause almost everythung points to it, the tricks i used to get passed some of the annoying parts of vpn were for openvz. but next time ill get the virtu

• @Gien said:

I thought it was openvz cause almost everythung points to it, the tricks i used to get passed some of the annoying parts of vpn were for openvz. but next time ill get the virtu

That is because Virtuozzo & OpenVZ work the same way, Virtuozzo is just a premium version of OpenVZ with constant development, support, more features & very good control panel called PowerPanel. And these are the reasons why it is expensive as well.

https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/virtuozzo.xml