Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedi alternatives for low cost providers like kimsufi - check detail in post
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedi alternatives for low cost providers like kimsufi - check detail in post

gtraxgtrax Member

Hey guys,
I was just going through a number of posts on LET and found a lot of people talking about kimsufi being out of stock, some people saying if going for production go for a better dedi. So I wanted to just round up this discussion.
Please suggest the services and service providers that can be regarded as kimsufi alternatives so budget should be anything upto 20 euros or around it. The available uses should be application servers, hosting servers or hypervisors. And please no comments like kimsufi or online.net or someone else is not worth using in production. Please just suggest the providers, their offers with resources and addons. Lets see if we can find some healthy competition to kimsufi.

Comments

• @gtrax said:

Kimsufi has a monopoly on their price range. They are able to do what they do only because they have a fully automated network, and they own the entire shebang. No other providers can do the same price point, without doing a major loss leader; and stay afloat for long term.

I say this from experience, as I know both the costs of renting, the costs of leasing, the costs of purchasing, and the costs of building.

--

That being said, you have to oversell your network [ not a bad thing! ] to even come close to these price ranges. A 10Gbps port from Shaw Business Solutions costs about $15,000 [ including transit ], which has about 50 peers [ a genuinely premium network if I must say so myself. ] Point being, if you sell 10 dedicated $5 boxes on that port, you'd be "at capacity" as far as overselling goes.

See the issue here?

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member

@GoodHosting Its not the point about how kimsufi are doing it and how others cant do it. I do not want to be critical but the question was who else is doing it or what are the other options. If you are experienced you should know a couple of other names :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

The "other three" french low-end hosts are Online.net, Digicube and FirstHeberg. If your budget includes 20 EUR or so, then also OneProvider reselling from online.net, the i3d.net "deals" and the Hetzner auction.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
  • iSkyiSky Member

i recommend for the online.net after the kimsufi. But firstheberg ? no, they aren't provide a very good for dedicated one. DIgicube ? wanna try that.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member

Online.net is fine, havent tried digi, had a bad experience(only once) with hetzner. Firstheburg i havent tried aswell. Will take a look at webtropia. Thanks everone. Looking forward to more people joining in with their new suggestions and feedbacks about the mentioned providers.

• Pay a bit more and go to hetzner. They're doing well with uptime and speed. Support is not the best for non-eu customers because it's not 24/7 but anyway, you normally don't need such ticket replying so fast. Other support is of course 24/7 and normally reacting within a max. of 30mins.

Thanked by 1gtrax