Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK (EU at a push) VPS for a mail server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK (EU at a push) VPS for a mail server

Okay, I have been here too long and the need to get another VPS has hit home so thought I would actually make something useful out of this one.

Looking for a decent spec VPS, think 512Mb RAM tops will be fine and whatever storage comes with it. As long as I have the ability to upgrade if people start sending me attachments with huge sizes I am happy!

Only thing I really want is a clean IP if possible and in the UK (or the rest of the EU if UK is too tough to get) :)

Cheers

Comments

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited June 2014

Vultr?

You get double your first deposit and $10 credit if you enter the code GIVEME10.

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • @AThomasHowe said:
    Vultr?

You get double your first deposit and $10 credit if you enter the code GIVEME10.

$30 for $10 hmm... how much is the cheapest Windows VPS (max monthly price)?

• FatboyFatboy Member

Thanks @AThomasHowe, didn't even think of them - had a look in my DO panel and didn't see UK, Vultr didn't even come to mind!

• hostnoob said: $30 for $10 hmm... how much is the cheapest Windows VPS (max monthly price)?

In theory $5/m using the custom ISO and and 512MB plan. Realistically though for a comfortable environment probably the $7/m 1GB plan... so you'd get like 4 or so months for $30. Winity and Inception Hosting are quite well known for Windows plans though.

Fatboy said: Thanks @AThomasHowe, didn't even think of them - had a look in my DO panel and didn't see UK, Vultr didn't even come to mind!

lol no problem, I actually had the same epiphany yesterday. Hope it works for you!

Thanked by 2Fatboy hostnoob
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited June 2014

httpzoom will do at a push, i had a 256mb one just for this reason ages ago.

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

+1 for HTTPZoom. It's £48/yr which is £4/pm.

• FatboyFatboy Member

Cheers guys - got a Vultr box to put things together to make sure I don't mess up too badly. Once I am happy that everything works I will move to a VPS and use the Vultr box as my test box!

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

i would get a KVM or XEN-HVM for a mailserver not openvz.

• nerouxneroux Member

Edis has a UK (and European) location

http://www.edis.at/en/server/

• Vultr is a VPS @Fatboy. And they use KVM.

• FatboyFatboy Member

@AThomasHowe - aye, I know, just didn't write what I had in my head :) I meant will mess about on the Vultr box and then keep that as a dev one and then move the working mail server setup to another VPS to be the production one :)

Missed the word 'another'......writing wasn't my best skill!!