Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Love Servers but not customers! (Another unhappy customer)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We Love Servers but not customers! (Another unhappy customer)

Since the original thread from May got rather long, I thought I'd start my own with my own experiences.

When I signed up in Nov for both Dallas and UK nodes, things went well, support was pretty responsive...then something terrible happened. My UK node was rebooted, then it happens again, and again, and again...and it happened yesterday, with no prior notice, my node gets rebooted. It's not a graceful shutdown either, it's just like the server gets rebooted.

I finally got ipv6 in the UK (After being told it would come in a few months, then being told they didn't have any ipv6 addresses left). It worked for a time, then a few weeks ago I did a whois query and it failed, I find out that ipv6 is broken and will they fix it? No they wont.

I find their support is rather duncical these days coming back with irrelevant comments to my questions or them doing something "make the change but don't reboot my server" and then they reboot the server. It's like they either don't understand English, or they're not very smart.

On the plus side, the Dallas node has been stable. However support is a joke. I really wanted to like this company, but I cannot NOT recommend them enough right now for their inability to provide quality support, their inability to EMAIL customers BEFORE their servers get rebooted, and for their general lack of care with their customer's VPS.

I did get an almighty good deal though, so I guess it's mostly my fault since this is in the realm of you get what you pay for.

Comments