Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WTB] LEB 1GB KVM VPS with low ping from asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WTB] LEB 1GB KVM VPS with low ping from asia

netrixnetrix Member
edited June 2014 in Requests

Hi, I need a KVM VPS with specification at least:

1 GB RAM

10GB SSD

2 CPU Core

1Gbps uplink

for host some my wordpress sites (just 30k pv/day).

I've seen most provider here offering these VPS for $7, but is it possible to get these VPS with $60/year or $5,x - $6/month?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2014

Any reason why Xen-PV wont do?
    For singapore you can try DO but it is a bit more expensive.

• 10gb ssd with 1gbps for a 30k hits a day wp install
    with 1gb ram

I wonder how you reached the conclusion that this was the way to go

• netrixnetrix Member
    edited June 2014

@Maounique said:
    Any reason why Xen-PV wont do?
    For singapore you can try DO but it is a bit more expensive.

Yes, if it's exist. Most provider here just offering KVM

• blackblack Member

I'd shoot for at least 1.5 GB of RAM (2 GB ideal), since KVM uses more ram than OVZ.

Xen is also using more ram, because kernel&Co eat some.
    Virtualmin uses quite a bit, but you can tweak it to use less. Try http://lg-pune.prometeus.net

• netrix said: Just curious with ssd performance. :p I am using 1,5GB OVZ now, and it's always full. :(

I really can't stop laughing.

duckeeyuck said: I really can't stop laughing.

It is not really that strange, depends what he meant, for example, you can tune virtualmin to use less ram for mysql if you have a fast disk, many people are not native speakers, god knows how their language puts the words in a phrase, I know I meed difficulties sometimes :)

• Maounique said: It is not really that strange, depends what he meant, for example, you can tune virtualmin to use less ram for mysql if you have a fast disk, many people are not native speakers, god knows how their language puts the words in a phrase, I know I meed difficulties sometimes :)

It's just really dissapointing how nobody takes the time to point him out that he can configure his stack to use less than 500mb ram and keep it that way for a while.
    What makes it even worse is that some members even recommend more ram than what op is asking.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

We can do:

2GB RAM

12GB SSD

4 Cores

1 Gbps

KVM

LA

$7 per month or $70 per year

Looking glass: http://la.lg.fliphost.net/