Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart -> OVH Failover IP transfers are now possible
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart -> OVH Failover IP transfers are now possible

I just noticed this today when I was trying to transfer an IP from one of my SYS servers to another:

I haven't actually tried this however it appears that you can in fact transfer your failover IPs to an OVH server from a SYS server now.

Comments

• c0yc0y Member

Yes, they documented that. They also said you can transfer it TO OVH servers (as a means of upgrading your infra) but not from OVH to SYS

• VPNVPN Member

That's cool. This is one of the things I spoke to OVH about on the phone like a month ago and they said there was no plans to implement it.

Along with being able to have more than 5 extra IPs on SYS which we now know is up to 16.

• J1021J1021 Member

Good to see this implemented. Some people on the Kimsufi boards are wanting a method to transfer Kimsufi IPs to SYS though, so there is a clear method to progress through the brands.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

What about between accounts? Since IPs are like €2/onetime with OVH some people may like to sell their IPs on.

• Is the price per ip on SYS the same as OVH ?

• petrispetris Member

@Skyline said:
    Is the price per ip on SYS the same as OVH ?

SYS is $3/mo and OVH is $3 one-time.