Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations for a Good Dedi Control Panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendations for a Good Dedi Control Panel?

So I LOVE cPanel and everything but I did have issues, and its gonna cost more than I can afford with a dedi. So I would like something new Stable & Reliable but at least easy to create Databases,Domains, etc. Hopefully looking for free panel.

I have used zPanel and Webuzo , But I would really like to stay away from zPanel if at all possible.

How is Ajenti and Virtualmin? Or anything else out there?

Comments

• VestaCP

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Yes Vesta CP +1

• @TH_George said:
    VestaCP

I actually had that up in a tab the other day but lost it Thanks!. Anyone use Ajenti it looks promising .

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

I use Ajenti with nginx, and it's pretty handy. I use it with nginx and it makes it a lot quicker to create new hosts as well as databases etc.

• @TH_George said:
    VestaCP

Definetely

• sc754sc754 Member

@hyelton said:
    So I LOVE cPanel and everything but I did have issues, and its gonna cost more than I can afford with a dedi. So I would like something new Stable & Reliable but at least easy to create Databases,Domains, etc. Hopefully looking for free panel.

I have used zPanel and Webuzo , But I would really like to stay away from zPanel if at all possible.

How is Ajenti and Virtualmin? Or anything else out there?

I use virtualmin, I have done for about 9 months now. Never had a problem with it, infact I prefer it to cpanel and it's free xD

• Ajenti is nice, the UI doesn't feel very responsive to me though. You can feel the pause between pressing something and the action. The page load is actually the same or better than loading a whole new page but I don't know, the way I'm conditioned to use the internet it kind of bugged me when the interface would just hang for a few ms here and there (possibly down to the delay in clicks to detect double taps on mobile, felt a little more substantial to me though).

It's just my opinion though so I would try it out. The software itself is quite good.

• DylanDylan Member

Another +1 for VestaCP.

• I was able to get a small vps setup to test out on. In between VestaCP & Ajenti

• I cant get Ajenti to even install. :/

• DavidxDavidx Member

@hyelton said:
    I cant get Ajenti to even install. :/

Vesta is way better.. and has been out longer than Ajenti's hosting panel?

• @David_P said:

I'm sadly not able to use it. To many CGI problems.

• DavidxDavidx Member

@hyelton said:

Like what? Why not post on the Vesta forums? Sid is a very nice guy who's helped me with some issues. Their team is fairly active.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited June 2014

@David_P said:

I really need to get my stuff up and going :/ After several days of downtime.

• DavidxDavidx Member

@hyelton said:

Well you either cheap out and use a crappy panel. Or you wait a day or two and have a solid one that's amazing. What CGI issues are you having?