Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider leaving VPS services, for now
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider leaving VPS services, for now

What I got in the mailbox last evening, I think they were the first VPS provider to offer "Cloud" out of OVH BHS DC(not real cloud but just gives you the ability to create and destroy VM on a real time basis in different DCs), in fact probably the only one, so it is a bit sad to see them gone:

Dear customers,

After receiving many complaints regarding the stability of our OneCloud infrastructure, and exploring many options for a better, stronger system, we have finally come to the decision to start off fresh.
This unfortunately means that we are terminating the OneCloud system in its entirety, and that all VPS plans will be terminated on June 16th 2014.

There will be no further warnings after this message, so please make sure to complete any migration or backup process to preserve your data and services.

We encourage you to take a look at our Paris location, where you will find many dedicated options with higher options than your current VPS plan, at very comparable costs.

If you choose not to continue your services with OneProvider, we will offer full refunds for the current billing cycle.

Please do not hesitate to reply this message to automatically open a support ticket to discuss further options.

Please also note that while there is no ETA on the OneCloud replacement, our development team is already working on a brand new product, that will not only replace the multi-location virtual server option, but open the entire range of our locations and services to virtualization. 

Thank you for your understanding,
OneProvider - Worldwide Hosting Services

Comments

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited June 2014

@zhuanyi, Ah well. Unfortunately, their infrastructure got surpassed by better (KVM) "clouds" ...... and their prices didn't keep up (or should I say down, because their prices were always up higher than everyone else's :-).

Also, it was a bit annoying that you could not tell before you created an instance in a new location if there was any availability there; so you could say destroy in Panama with the intent to move it to Australia and no IPs available for you to continue. (Not to mention that there was no "live" migration, which would have made it much more enticing.) In their defense, they did have some sexy "exotic" locations though, lol

Speaking of Australia, that network was horrendously congested and virtually unusable. The benchmarks (for me) were the absolute worst I had EVER had for ANY VPS EVER; and I have had many.

EDIT: Now if @prometeus could team up with OneProvider and offer iwStack in OneProvider's locations ....... now THAT would be something else!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

said: We encourage you to take a look at our Paris location, where you will find many dedicated options with higher options than your current VPS plan, at very comparable costs.

And indeed you will (or they will... or whatever :D)
    OneProvider has recently restocked their whole French dedi lineup:
    http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    These are older models resold from Online.net, and some of these are very competitive even with the latest offers from OVH and Online.net itself. Also you can just pay with Paypal and cancel on 15 day notice, with none of the Online.net b/s.
    One downside is no IPv6, and no timeline on implementing it, while Online.net provides a /48 with each server (and technically OneProvider's servers are in the same DC, so IPv6 is readily available... they just don't assign it, wtf).

• ayukasayukas Member

@rm_ said:
    One downside is no IPv6, and no timeline on implementing it, while Online.net provides a /48 with each server (and technically OneProvider's servers are in the same DC, so IPv6 is readily available... they just don't assign it, wtf).

As far as I know, they do offer a /56 ipv6 block, you can submit a ticket for requesting.

edited June 2014

Maybe that's new, I asked in December-2013.

22/12/13 12:18:15
    We don't have an ETA at the moment.

• ayukasayukas Member

@rm_ said:
    Maybe that's new, I asked in December-2013.

We don't have an ETA at the moment.

They just don't want take too much time to explain to the customers how to set up the ipv6 there. You should know the ipv6 configuration of online.net is a little bit tricky.
    If you tell them you know how to use it and won't bother them for any ipv6 questions, they'll assign a /56 for you.

edited June 2014

ayukas said: They just don't want take too much time to explain to the customers how to set up the ipv6 there. You should know the ipv6 configuration of online.net is a little bit tricky. If you tell them you know how to use it and won't bother them for any ipv6 questions, they'll assign a /56 for you.

Wow, okay. That's "comforting" to know, from their support's professionalism standpoint. I'm just not used to saying "pretty pleeease, I know how to use it", when flat out told that IPv6 is not available and no ETA exists.

• ayukasayukas Member

Yeah, it's pretty funny. I just took a look at the ticket when I made them to assign me the block, it's 29/11/13 15:05:34.