Need some help with openvpn or pptp setup on openvz vps

Need some help with openvpn or pptp setup on openvz vps

speedy007speedy007 Member
edited May 2012 in Help

Hi I have been trying to setup pptp vpn to connect my iphone to my openvz server, I have installed the pptpd server and I tried to follow this guide but I have problems setting iptables as this is openvz; I would appreciate any help getting this setup going, thank you. P.S. I have also installed openvpn on this server so if anyone can offer some help with openvpn and iphone then it will be much appreciated, thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Have you enabled Tun/Tap and PPP?

The Original Daniel.

• BHostBHost Member
    edited May 2012

Just the following rule should work, where $ip is the external IP of your VPS:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT --to-source $ip

EDIT: For OpenVPN you will also want the following: iptables -A FORWARD -i tun0 -o venet0 -j ACCEPT

BHost - London / Amsterdam VPS and Cloud hosting - www.BHost.net
  • Have you enabled Tun/Tap and PPP?

@Daniel yeah Tun/Tap and PPP is enabled, in fact I tried on two different vps but the iphone does not seem to connect

when I exicute this command /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o venet0 -j MASQUERADE I get this error iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

• Use this guide: http://www.putdispenserhere.com/pptp-vpn-setup-guide-for-a-debian-openvz-vps/

they also have a guide and automated scripts for both OpenVPN and PPTP that work very well.

Hi guys I am going to have a 2 line signature just because I can. Look at this cool signature, its new, its fresh, its cool. Wish I had some affiliate links to put in here or some other moneymaking bullshit. Anyone want to buy this space? Your links here for one low price!

• netomxnetomx Member

can I say "that's because it is an iPhone" and derail the thread?

Referral links: DigitalOcean referral link | Get 500MB free with Dropbox | I sell domains with Google Apps, $1 p/ user
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@JoeMerit said: Use this guide

There are 4 or 5 kernel modules most hosts do not load which causes the iHipsterPhone to not work

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS