Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cheap and easy remote ddos protection?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap and easy remote ddos protection?

nexmarknexmark Member

I'm currently offering DDoS Protected VPS's and Web Hosting, thinking of Remote DDoS Protection Where we act as cloudflare in front filtering the traffic then sending the filtered traffic to the un protected server.

Does anyone know how to do some sort of setup like this?

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Use a reverse proxy, we use varnishd because it's very simple and I've never had any issues with it.

• @KuJoe said:
    Use a reverse proxy, we use varnishd because it's very simple and I've never had any issues with it.

Hey, thanks for your reply. However are there any easy to follow tutorials on this?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

I can't find the tutorial I used but I'll keep looking.

EDIT: I'll throw something together in a bit, I thought it was just a single file edit but it looks like there are 2 files so I removed my previous code.

• @KuJoe said:
    I can't find the tutorial I used but I'll keep looking.

EDIT: I'll throw something together in a bit, I thought it was just a single file edit but it looks like there are 2 files so I removed my previous code.

Alright thanks, all the tutorials I find online are quite outdated and or the website no longer exist's anymore or it's too complicating
    This is 2014 - Where life is simple :)