Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cheap KVM [10 vps]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Cheap KVM [10 vps]

SherlockSherlock Member
edited May 2014 in Requests

Hi,

I need cheap kvm offers due to an unexpected problem with my current host.

I need : 512mb RAM , good network speed, decent performance (should not hang/lag) with windows 2008 R2 trial. Just 1 IP needed to connect through RDP. Storage can 15GB ( windows data + atleast 1-2 GB space for my data).

Thats it. Any location is good for me just the performance should be decent.

I need 10 of them should be cheap, it's a bulk order.

I need them for software development works + college stuff + hosting parts of my website.

CPU usage will always be less than 30%, and IO usage would be 512KBps or even less.

I will not use them for any blackhat purpose, or for CPU intensive apps, or torrents, TOR etc.

Budget 35$. Let me know how many such VPS i can get for it.

Comments

• BradBrad Member

$1.75 for a 512MB KVM. Where do you find that?

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

You cannot get even only 1 IPv4 for $1.75 lol...

• o_O

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Windows 2008 R2 on 512mb is already cutting it WAY below recommended minimums to begin with and $1.75 each? was that the price you were getting at LowEND.co ? if so I think I know why they are in the middle of a triple jump in to the deadpool.

You want to pay about 50% of the lowest sensible rate and then you will go nuts when it is not sustainable and hosts shut down, honestly why do you want to drive your host in to the ground they have to eat too?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Windows 2008 R2 on 512mb is already cutting it WAY below recommended minimums to begin with and $1.75 each? was that the price you were getting at LowEND.co ? if so I think I know why they are in the middle of a triple jump in to the deadpool.

You want to pay about 50% of the lowest sensible rate and then you will go nuts when it is not sustainable and hosts shut down, honestly why do you want to drive your host in to the ground they have to eat too?

Will you please stop guessing around? I just mentioned the lowest possible price. And no, you are wrong. I got them from my friend. He had a customized dedi. Could never get any deal like this again. Edited it, hope you are happy. And btw, it has nothing to with Lowend. Not entirely. I PMed many other providers, days before the Lowend problem, about this offer. Just said, it's college stuff. You can hook up 20 batch mates on your 1 PC, can you? I just need offers here. So please keep the other stuff away.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@AnthonySmith 384MB works with 7GB but you cant do that much :D

• Thanks! the exact thing what i was looking for. Though they seem to be out stock.

Would appreciate more offers, monthly billing preferred due to some recent experience

• earlearl Member

Hmm.. I think it sold out a while ago..

• Mark_RMark_R Member

35$ is a little tight for 10x vps if you want it to be even a little bit reliable.

I recommend that you take a look at https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/ if you are close to the USA. They provide really affordable dedicated servers with good hardware specs. You could install Proxmod on it to easily create VPS's with a few clicks, this is probably the cheapest way of accomplishing your goal.

• trexostrexos Member

@anant said:
    Would appreciate more offers, monthly billing preferred due to some recent experience

Just ask them nicely and you might get one :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Windows 2008 R2 is going to run like shit on a $3.50 VPS surely?

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith MCHPhil

@Nekki said:

And he wanted someone to beat $1.75 hehe

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: And he wanted someone to beat $1.75 hehe

There's optimistic and then there's just plain crazy.

• @Nekki said:

Nope, it works good. I am a developer so I turn off the unnecessary features and just use what's needed.

@AnthonySmith said:
    And he wanted someone to beat $1.75 hehe

Stop it, already told you so many times. Did not want anyone to beat it. I myself wrote that it isn't possible.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

anant said: Nope, it works good. I am a developer so I turn off the unnecessary features and just use what's needed.

Define good? I've run Windows 2003 on 128MB before, and whilst it worked, it made my brain bleed it was so slow.

• @Nekki said:
    Define good? I've run Windows 2003 on 128MB before, and whilst it worked, it made my brain bleed it was so slow.

I am talking about win 2008 on a 512mb vps. Microsoft says its possible. I have been using it already for 2-3 months. My usage is low, plently of resources are left, so yeah I get decent performance.

@anant ok ok I am sorry not trying to have a go at you but you did say you would have liked them for $1.75 before edit, just kind of alarming :) nothing personal.

@Infinity580 said:
    AnthonySmith 384MB works with 7GB but you cant do that much :D

hehe, yup you can get debain installed at 2mb ram use,... until you use it :o

• NekkiNekki Veteran

anant said: I am talking about win 2008 on a 512mb vps. Microsoft says its possible. I have been using it already for 2-3 months. My usage is low, plently of resources are left, so yeah I get decent performance.

My point is I ran Windows at the absolute minimum and it was worse than paedophiles.

I'd be interested to know how far you strip back the OS to get good performance from 512MB - would you be prepared to share your setup?

@AnthonySmith - if @anant is prepared to share, could you knock me up a custom XENHVM in Miami with 512MB RAM & 15GB storage? I'm happy to buy one of your current €5 2GB specials, just with the aforementioned limited resources.

• @Nekki said:

>
    Disable every unnecessary process, like updates, strip down IE to hell. Configuration depends on your taste. Performance depends on the hardware. If you think I am BS*sitting then just delete the thread, you are the mod. But keep in mind, I am the one ordering them and paying for them so clearly I wouldn't sanely drag my self into a pit.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

anant said: Disable every unnecessary process, like updates, strip down IE to hell. Configuration depends on your taste. Performance depends on the hardware. If you think I am BS*sitting then just delete the thread, you are the mod. But keep in mind, I am the one ordering them and paying for them so clearly I wouldn't sanely drag my self into a pit.

Calm down sunshine, it was a genuine question; I've just started to work heavily with Windows 2008, and I'm very interested in what can be done in terms of OS-level optimisation. I would like some specifics if you're prepared to volunteer that info.

I'm aware that performance depends on the hardware, that's why I'm asking @AnthonySmith - his XENHVM Windows plans are the best in the LE business IMO.

edited May 2014

@Nekki I could do a 512mb plan in the UK for €2.65, would not really be possible in Miami due to the nodes being limited to 64 IP's per node and they are 128GB Ram nodes :)

• Thanked by 1XxNisseGamerxX
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: @Nekki I could do a 512mb plan in the UK for €2.65, would not really be possible in Miami due to the nodes being limited to 64 IP's per node and they are 128GB Ram nodes :)

Sounds fine to me, this would only be for a month or so just to try out this guy's optimisation techniques, although at the moment it doesn't appear he wants to go into specifics.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2014

anant said: Would appreciate more offers, monthly billing preferred due to some recent experience

This is an extremely cheap offer because it goes to current clients and it is yearly. I'm shure that @bluevm cannot make profit with this service, so, I doubt that you can have not only a monthly offer but an offer at all. Be more realistic with price and if you find a good price with yearly contract -if the provider is well known here (blue vm is, also @AnthonySmith, @Nick_a, @Maounique - Prometeus/IWstack, @Skylarm and others)-, then buy yearly.

• earlearl Member

Well, for what it's worth, I did try to tell the OP not to exaggerate.. suppose this is what it gets you.

@Nekki no worries feel free to drop me an email / ticket any time for this.

I might put it out on the next LET offer in about 10 days to test the water.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: I might put it out on the next LET offer in about 10 days to test the water.

Sounds like it might be more trouble than it's worth, you'll potentially get a ton of clowns who will try and run it out of the box and wonder why the performance isn't there, unless you sell it as a kind of LES for Windows - no support, no refunds, no tears?