Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vpsdatabase is closing business because owner is now... 19 years old!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vpsdatabase is closing business because owner is now... 19 years old!

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited May 2014 in General

Just saw this post on wht. Vpsdatabase is closing vps business I was sometime a client of this guy and left because of very low performance of the server.

But, this is a great example of what a one-person-business from a 16 year old boy is something, clients should avoid (if they know who are dealing with).

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=9128647#post9128647

After his clients accused him as scammer, he tried to do some "damage control" offering refund to those that paid him the last weeks. But not for yearly payments or other long-terms...

Oh, and the summer is coming, so, be careful!

Comments

• We see a lot of new hosts daily, how do people assume a company to be a summer host? I mean what is the criteria? :D

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Oh I thought you said a 19 year old company was closing..

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@K2Bytes First of all, he wasn't a summer host but a kiddie host that grown up and have not the time to be a one-man-show. But he treated his customers very badly.

As of the summer host, the creteria is:

• opening a host business with low or zero knowledge on how to handle a business, especially a hosting one (real knowledge of servers, virt technology etc.)
    • Want to make quick money during school summer holidays
    • Advertize here or elsewhere "1$ per month 10GM memory 1000 GB HDD 100000000TB bandwidth"
    • After 4-5 months of operation, company closes

Of course, a new vps hosting company has not to be a summer host, but we are all seen the last couple of years a lot of summer / kiddie hosts that can not do serious business.

On the other hand, I saw 2 year anniversary or RamNode a few days ago and recall that he started his company in May as one-man-show. 2 years later, he is one of the 2-3 best companies here in LET/LEB and not only!

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member

Poorly written email. On top of that.. Ready for this? Shitty excuses.

What a shame, really.

• lelewkulelewku Member

@GreenValueHost why do you stop emailing us with the upcoming part 3 and 4

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@GreenValueHost Well, although you had... your moments in the past ( the best dramas here on LET, ever! ), -at least- you seem to be trying to improve your behavior and you are improving your services, also.

• Yikes what a pathetic guy, he could of done a pro-rota'd refund for yearly customers.

@K2Bytes said:
    We see a lot of new hosts daily, how do people assume a company to be a summer host? I mean what is the criteria? :D

Domain registration within a few months. And offer everything for nothing.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Infinity said: Oh I thought you said a 19 year old company was closing..

Edited that! :-P

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Why didn't he sell out?

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

He tried in August (as readers said to wht) but, probably, he failed.

@jvnadr said:
    He tried in August (as readers said to wht) but, probably, he failed.

Offers were probarly to low for a 17 year old to like :P

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • LET & WHT should add new rule"Only 18 years old OR above are allowed to post offers".It will safe alot of people from becoming victim of these childish hosts.

• They will hide ages,so those rules will never work

• lol @ him offering refunds, but only if they paid in the last 3 weeks and only if they ask him for it. The guy claims he has other businesses, well he just burned them to the ground with his responses.

• jvnadr said: He tried in August (as readers said to wht) but, probably, he failed.

AlexanderM said: Offers were probarly to low for a 17 year old to like :P

I remember seeing a WHT thread about them trying to sell I think, but he never did anything about it.

@instatech said:
    LET & WHT should add new rule"Only 18 years old OR above are allowed to post offers".It will safe alot of people from becoming victim of these childish hosts.

When the majority of 'child' hosts are shit/ fuck up. There is a few exceptions that are able to run a business and also get be a success.

• StevieStevie Member

GVH posting here, not surpised guess he is looking for tips from vpsdatabase when its there time to run go.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hopefully this is the start of a trend.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

@AlexanderM said:

Yes there are few but i only remember GVH still running.Anyway i now remember that 12 year old kid @mazker his vps hosting experiment does not end up well.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

instatech said: 12 year old

12? Oh, my god... I remember the case but I thought that he just was underage, so, 16 or something...

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

@jvnadr said:
    12? Oh, my god... I remember the case but I thought that he just was underage, so, 16 or something...

Yes maybe but you know he acted like 12.Also i think he faked his age.

• hohoho, omg, mazker. now there were some fun threads !

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • CakeyCakey Member

It's funny cus he actually terminated my VPS a while back for "IP got blacklisted by SpamHaus due to hosting a botnet." when I hadn't even gotten around to starting the VPS after buying it thanks to a kernel problem

Can't view the real ticket as he deleted it, hurray.

http://i.pi.gy/e55a915a.png
    http://i.pi.gy/adfc10f2.png

Thanked by 2darkshire GIANT_CRAB
  • @Stevie said:
    GVH posting here, not surpised guess he is looking for tips from vpsdatabase when its there time to run go.

You sir have absolutely no credibility at all. Why would we run when we continue to grow and prosper? Makes no sense, really.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

GreenValueHost said: Why would we run when we continue to grow and prosper?

Many companies that continued to grow and prosper failed while doing so. Growth is an art, doing it too fast can lead to failure, doing it too slow means opportunities lost. I personally prefer the too slow part, as long as it pays the bills, it is more or less fine, but venture capitalists and funds might demand fast growth and, while it is funded, it will grow, the problems will be revealed afterwards. A company has a life of it's own, once the people working there become employees on the clock, that is a big change and not many survive it, there must be a certain company culture and it is not easy to obtain, in this field it translates often by hiring the wrong people and trust them with too much power, one dispute or mistake and everything is dead, almost nobody recovers from that, once the company is large enough and it does not have just a few hundred faithful customers.
    Nothing to do with you, just an economist observation.

Thanked by 1GoatSeller
  • GreenValueHost said: Why would we run when we continue to grow and prosper?

There is 0 proof that you are prospering

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @texteditor said:
    There is 0 proof that you are prospering

Here you go: http://prntscr.com/3ojhms

• I'm assuming you covered the label on the side because it starts at "0", but goes up "1, 2, 3" customers?

• this is nothing. unlabeled graphs of orders? You know 'prospering' means 'proving you are bringing more money in than your expenses'

In all likelihood, given everything we know about you and your PR and pricing and offers, you are almost certainly just burning through money your mom/dad/uncle/grandma loaned you (money they'll never see back)