Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean increased referral commission payments from $10 to $25!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean increased referral commission payments from $10 to $25!

We have increased our referral commission payments from $10 to $25!

>

This update will affect all new referrals, and you can find out more at https://cloud.digitalocean.com/user_referrals.

>

Happy Coding,
DigitalOcean

Comments

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited May 2014

I have $140 pending now, and it will increase pretty much with the new $25/ref. (of course if I get more referrals)

PS! I think this is allowed here at LET:
    If you want to sign up with DO, you can use my aff. link:
    https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=6baa1cd0214b

• myhkenmyhken Member

Of course, there is a drawback with the new referral payment. Ok, they pay $25, but the new customer must generate $25 in payment before you get it. So it will take more time to get the payments:

Our referral program rewards you by referring friends and colleagues to DigitalOcean. We will issue you $25 in commission for every referred customer that totals $25 in billings.

• earlearl Member

Just curious.. folks with the referrals in their sig. Do you actually get sign up?

• GunterGunter Member

@earl said:
    Just curious.. folks with the referrals in their sig. Do you actually get sign up?

I'm wondering that too actually.

• @myhken said:
    Of course, there is a drawback with the new referral payment. Ok, they pay $25, but the new customer must generate $25 in payment before you get it. So it will take more time to get the payments:

Our referral program rewards you by referring friends and colleagues to DigitalOcean. We will issue you $25 in commission for every referred customer that totals $25 in billings.

Now thats bad...

• IshaqIshaq Member

I guess we'll find out soon.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Well I think this is cool but now I just need to get someone to sign up using my link...

• myhkenmyhken Member

@earl said:

My referrals comes from my website, but of course, I have a link to my website in my signature. (still, don't get lots of hits from click on my link here at LET)

Thanked by 1earl
  • myhkenmyhken Member

They have also made a new change to the referral program, before you could choose to get paid in DO credits or on your paypal account. You could change the settings whenever you wanted. Now, you can only choose once if you have used the "pay to paypal" settings.

Here is their new info:

• wychwych Member

Some interesting changes happening at DO at the moment...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: Some interesting changes happening at DO at the moment...

They've finally decided that they need to stop throwing away money perhaps?

• myhkenmyhken Member

@Nekki said:
    They've finally decided that they need to stop throwing away money perhaps?

I'm sure they have some millions $$ in outstanding free credits.

• They pay only 10$ for referrals, other companies pays 100$+ per new signup.
    Now it will be harder to get money from referrals.
    But we will try :)
    have 7k in pending money hope 25% will make payment's and i will get dollars :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I never trusted these things, guess because when I was young EVERY company that offered to pay for referrals/ads, whatever, closed my account when I requested payment. Being from romania meant 0 rights, no matter if my referrals were mostly from UK and US.

• myhkenmyhken Member

Actually it's seems like Digital Ocean has removed the option to get payment on Paypal completely for all customers not already having this option active. Can somebody confirm this?

• yes. just received $10 credit from referral payout. it's better then nothing :-)

• @myhken said:
    Actually it's seems like Digital Ocean has removed the option to get payment on Paypal completely for all customers not already having this option active. Can somebody confirm this?

Yes, I guess if you have set primary payment as account credit before this update then you can't switch back to paypal.

• wychwych Member

Strange, they just sent me $10 via PP.

• @wych said:
    Strange, they just sent me $10 via PP.

$25 is only for new referrals from now

• wychwych Member

@peppr said:

Fair enough. Was a nice surprise either way!