Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVMs latest offer for existing customers, some crazy pricing, did anyone manage to get one?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVMs latest offer for existing customers, some crazy pricing, did anyone manage to get one?

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
edited May 2014 in Providers

Hello,

As many of you are aware it's BlueVM's birth month so we're sending our existing clients a special offer. While stock lasts we are offering BLUE2 and KVM2 VPS for just $9.99 per year. That means over $40 in savings for you.

BLUE2 Special Offer:
512 MB of Guaranteed RAM
512 MB of Swap
2 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
1 IPv4 Address
25 GB of Disk
1 TB of Bandwidth
Click Here to Order

KVM2 Special Offer:
512 MB Guaranteed RAM
2 CPU Core
1 IPv4 Address
20 GB Disk Space
1 TB Bandwidth
Click Here to Order

Best Regards,
BlueVM Staff
https://bluevm.com

Looks like stock is negative, though.
Anyone managed to get one?

Thanked by 1earl

Comments

• People did buy them, and quickly too.

• trexostrexos Member

I received it 2 hrs after the promo, all KVM2 were out already. Have to say that I'm not happy with BlueVM anymore, but the price was tempting.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • user123user123 Member

Received the email, but couldn't get one.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

trexos said: but the price was tempting.

Joking, right? At that price you cant get an IPv4 with many providers :P

• trexostrexos Member

@Maounique said:
    Joking, right? At that price you cant get an IPv4 with many providers :P

Yeah sure haha, but I have a 128MB box (have to say its LS) and it's very unstable. Got moved to another node after a few days, it's a bit more stable, but it still goes up and down. So yeah prices are cheap, but expect the same level of service.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I saw they offer email this morning, but ignored it as it's BlueVM. Not interested in cheap mediocrity, you can get that anywhere these days.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

We sold over 300 VPS in less than 3 hours. That said existing clients can submit a ticket to request one though they may have to wait for us to finish hooking up some more servers.

TBH, at this price any level of service is OK.
    I have the 1 $ a month version with ovz 256 RAM and 10 GB disk, it is amazingly good for the price with little downtime. It is nowhere top quality and I couldnt tune it at first and got suspended due to feathur showing wrong values, but we sorted it out in the end.

BlueVM said: We sold over 300 VPS in less than 3 hours. That said existing clients can submit a ticket to request one though they may have to wait for us to finish hooking up some more servers.

Cool! I'm in!

• skizoidskizoid Member

@BlueVM said:
    We sold over 300 VPS in less than 3 hours. That said existing clients can submit a ticket to request one though they may have to wait for us to finish hooking up some more servers.

buy 1 kvm vps in LA, but failed to reboot

• @BlueVM is S7-NY down?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@MorningIris - Yes. We're working on it.

@skizoid - Submit a ticket. Feel free to PM me your ticket number.

• I got a BLUE2, I look at it like this...

• I've spent $9.99 on other things and gotten far less in return... :P
    • I've never really had an issue with BlueVM or their service...
    Thanked by 2Maounique netomx
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

maybe i buy a KVM realy need more KVM's instead OpenVZ.

• BlueVM's KVM's are good, never had an issue personally. Bought two of these, stock literally halved when i went back to order the 2nd one 5 mins later!

• earlearl Member

I want 1!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

BlueVM kvm's are fine. Perfect, if you think of their price! I have a box that i use for radio streaming some months now and the downtime was almost none!

@BlueVM, count me, too, for a yearly kvm2! (I'll open a ticket)

• nullnullnullnull Member
    edited May 2014

Well yes, but provision is on a wrong kvm node. The ip assigned belongs to node B which does not work because kvm machine w/ vnc connection is on node A from feathur. So I RAMDOMLY pick up an IP from node A's range and it works (very interesting).

Edit: @BlueVM I've submitted a tickect.

• AcacyAcacy Member

Out of stock @BlueVM add more kvm2

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2014

Wow, I've asked for an upgrade to KVM 512MB!

• VMVPSVMVPS Member

Some stock info shows -1 and -2 :o

VMVPS said: Some stock info shows -1 and -2 :o

Happened to us too, when there is a very popular product many people buy in the same time and the stock does not get updated allowing others to buy. Once had -8...

• lelewkulelewku Member

i want kvm too so i can run apache...

lelewku said: i want kvm too so i can run apache...

Nah KVM is for cherokee, apache lives better in OVZ's wigwams, better zombies, err, bisons, there.

• DavidxDavidx Member

@Maounique said:
    Nah KVM is for cherokee, apache lives better in OVZ's wigwams, better zombies, err, bisons, there.

Have a little too much to drink? ;)

• joereidjoereid Member

I got a kvm, only had a few left at that point.

• @BlueVM my ticket is 1 week old and still not getting any response =)

• lelewkulelewku Member

@johnlth93 said:
    BlueVM my ticket is 1 week old and still not getting any response =)

dont despair..you are not alone..

• BoxodeBoxode Member

If @BlueVM perhaps improved their quality of service, had more staff & improved their existing infastructure, I'm sure many people would switch to BlueVM.

I don't feel as BlueVM are a high quality provider, more-so a "quantity vs quality" sort of thing.

These sort of offers are really nice, but they drag down the value of the host, sometimes. IPs cost $0.20/m generally ($0.20 x 12 is $2.40) which means BlueVM make $7.60 from this offer, and if you take into account paypal fees (at 10%) thats a total revenue of now 6.79, now lets cut out a 30% cut for staff support which means from this offer they're making a total revenue after (most) expenses, exlcluding hardware $4.35. Now since BlueVM deal in large volume, they claimed to sell 300 VPS within a few hours. $4.35 x 300 is $1305 of pure profit - this ISNT including server or bandwidth costs or any panel costs.

So yeah if you think $10/yr is a good deal - it is, and you should be provided the high quality service you deserve for this price, but sadly my long-term exp with BlueVM has not been as good as I'd expected it to be.

Nonetheless, it is a good offer, somewhat.

Thanked by 1M66B
  • They should improve their tickets response time.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@viCommunications You can't profit from something like this, no matter how big are you or what kind of support you do (or don't) provide.

Thanked by 1Scion