Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM manager for iOS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM manager for iOS

lpnlpn Member

I am looking for a SolusVM manager for iOS, and It seems that iSolusVM existed some time ago but their main page returns 403 Forbidden now and the app itself is not available on the App Store. Any idea what happened to it?

I found something called iVPS on the App Store, but it is too new and I didn't see any reviews or comments for it. Has anybody used it? Or are there any other SolusVM managers for iOS that I could use?

Comments

• SunnSunn Member

I was never able to use their app, just too confusing.

• nexmarknexmark Member

iVPS should be good, its the Apple app store, I'm pretty sure apple reviews apps before it being published.

• Sorry to hijack this a bit, but are there any good Android apps for SolusVM management?

• nexmarknexmark Member

@mikeyur said:
    Sorry to hijack this a bit, but are there any good Android apps for SolusVM management?

I use aVPS on Android and it works perfectly fine for me.
    Very basic shows RAM disk and HDD usage, few options such as Boot, Shutdown, Reboot.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@nexmark said:
    iVPS should be good, its the Apple app store, I'm pretty sure apple reviews apps before it being published.

It reviews them, but not in terms of end-user experience. Being in the App Store is no guarantee of quality.

Thanked by 1rsk
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Nekki said: It reviews them, but not in terms of end-user experience. Being in the App Store is no guarantee of quality.

This.

• lpnlpn Member

rsk said: Nekki said: It reviews them, but not in terms of end-user experience. Being in the App Store is no guarantee of quality.

This.

Yes, that's why I was asking for reviews. From what I understand the review is mostly to make sure that the app doesn't break whatever rules Apple has. It is highly unlikely that someone at the Apple review team would create a VPS somewhere, and would actually try to use the app.

• lpnlpn Member

Sunn said: I was never able to use their app, just too confusing.

Which one, iSolusVM or iVPS?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@lpn said:
    Yes, that's why I was asking for reviews. From what I understand the review is mostly to make sure that the app doesn't break whatever rules Apple has. It is highly unlikely that someone at the Apple review team would create a VPS somewhere, and would actually try to use the app.

That wasn't what the post I replied to said.

• It's ambiguous what the review process is anyway. Like you said it's not feasible to test every app and you can bet they don't have someone read through the source. My guess would be something like a virus scanner, but for unsatisfactory stuff. Apple don't even follow their own design guidelines sometimes.

• lpnlpn Member

@Nekki said:
    That wasn't what the post I replied to said.

The forum seems to have issues when quoting quotations. Either way, the point is that I agree with you, an app being in the App Store means nothing.

• Come on, iVPS is great, because i created it :). This one's on me:

promo for free download:
    6KM634WEL4LM

Regards,
    Andre

• NekkiNekki Veteran

picomatic said: 6KM634WEL4LM

Nice touch mate.

Also, well done to the bell-end who claimed the code and didn't bother to post that he'd used it. Have some common.

• I will give away 2 more! send me pm for code, and please give me review..

• Got iVPS some month ago, was a little bit complicated to setup, because of little errors - but now it's near to perfect ;-)