Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Change Domain & Host Name
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Change Domain & Host Name

n1kkon1kko Member

I am wanting to change my VPS domain & Host Name from server.olddomain.com to server.newdomain.com I host a few sites just wondered the best way of doing this

Thanks in advance

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Contact your provider. They can change the hostname of your VPS for you. As for the websites, I'm not sure how you've set it up, but you can change the name in /var/www/ directory. Then you have to run sudo cp default and configure everything accordingly.

Here's a good guide:
    https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-set-up-multiple-wordpress-sites-on-a-single-ubuntu-vps

• nerouxneroux Member

Change it where?

• n1kkon1kko Member
    edited May 2014

Thanks guys. Sorry for the confusion here I just meant if I change the host name will everything auto update with my cPanel/WHM.

I can change host name in SolusVM is that all I need to do?

• @n1kko said:
    Thanks guys. Sorry for the confusion here I just meant if I change the host name will everything auto update with my cPanel/WHM.

I can change host name in SolusVM is that all I need to do?

After you change it in SolusVM, you also need to change it in WHM > Networking Setup > Change hostname

Thanked by 1n1kko