Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can't add or remove accounts after July 31st 2014 with outlook.com custom domains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

can't add or remove accounts after July 31st 2014 with outlook.com custom domains

namhuynamhuy Member
edited May 2014 in General

Dear Outlook.com Customer,

We want to inform you of some important changes to the Windows Live Admin Center: As of April 10th 2014, Outlook.com no longer supports new custom domain sign ups. We appreciate that you have used this service and we regret to inform you of this change. This email will explain the upcoming changes and your options as a valued customer.

As a current customer, we will continue to support the ability to log in to Outlook.com with your existing custom domain email address, but as of July 31st 2014, you will no longer be able to add or remove accounts in your domain.

Instead, we recommend that administrators who wish to continue managing email addresses in their domain should consider Office 365 - Microsoft's premium online email service. By migrating to Office 365, you will be able to continue managing your custom domains, as well as benefit from modern enterprise-class mail, collaboration and communication tools.

We would like to offer you a complimentary 90 day subscription to Office 365 Small Business Premium for 5 users if you sign up before July 15th 2014. Office 365 Small Business Premium includes the latest copy of Office for your PC / Mac & iPad, 50GB business-class email, OneDrive for Business online storage and more.

You will still be able to log in to Outlook.com with your custom domain during your Office 365 subscription, and even if you choose to cancel your Office 365 subscription.

lol micro$uk pushes so hard, this suks

Comments

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

Wow. That's even worse than Google. At least you could continue to add email accounts.

Time to move some projects to Zoho. Think they offering 10 mailboxes free now.

• namhuynamhuy Member

i'm adding tons of new accounts on my domains now. fuk micro$uk

• aoleeaolee Member

darn! now that leaves Zoho as the only choice.

Thanked by 1daveshah
  • I seriously don't understand why Microsoft doesn't simply continue this service for like $12/year or $2.50/month or something. That would still make them compete with Google and Zoho. But like this, they're totally off the charts with their Office 365 for Business.

It's a real shame because I liked this product.

• wychwych Member

Repost - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25238/microsoft-ending-offer-of-free-custom-domains-for-email-service

But yes its annoying as hell - I now have over 100 domains to move out.

• smile93smile93 Member

any batch tools for us to add new accounts to the domain.

• wychwych Member

@smile93 said:
    any batch tools for us to add new accounts to the domain.

Make a macro :)

• namhuynamhuy Member

@wych this is the new part

but as of July 31st 2014, you will no longer be able to add or remove accounts in your domain.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@namhuy said:
    wych this is the new part

but as of July 31st 2014, you will no longer be able to add or remove accounts in your domain.

Fair play, thats good news for those that want to stay I guess.

I am not going to login and check but I know last time I tried I wasn't able to add anyone new.

• aoleeaolee Member

mpkossen said: I seriously don't understand why Microsoft doesn't simply continue this service for like $12/year or $2.50/month or something. That would still make them compete with Google and Zoho. But like this, they're totally off the charts with their Office 365 for Business.

It's a real shame because I liked this product.

Same here, i like their product as well. i have like 10 domains using outlook. :( maybe if they offer 12/year, i might grab it. too troublesome to migrate.