Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone here with Liquid Solutions?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone here with Liquid Solutions?

Just want to know if anyone has a node with Liquid Hosting and if your node is good or not? I have been seen several down times and the last one is 17 hours ago and it is still not fixed. My node is located at Seattle.

I tried to contact support at that time but no response. I think it is ok to wait for 1 day but not in case the server is down and even solusvm is not accessible (CloudFlare shown offline page). Also tried to contact Alex 12 hours ago via LET but it seems he is not available. I have other backup / mirror vpses so this does not affect me significantly, but I think it is good to see your experience with the provider so that I can decide if I can use it as one of production node.

Comments

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

It's memorial weekend for the US people. Probably expect slow responses.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • @Saiku said:
    It's memorial weekend for the US people. Probably expect slow responses.

Ah, thanks for your information. However, I do care about the service quality / uptime since I just started using the provider from April. It is appreciated if someone shares experience with them :-).

• Seattle7 has a failed array, and is awaiting a disk replacement by CC.

We've been told that they didn't have one local, and are waiting to overnight one in.

Sorry guys, but not much we can do other than wait.

• @Wintereise said:
    Seattle7 has a failed array, and is awaiting a disk replacement by CC.

We've been told that they didn't have one local, and are waiting to overnight one in.

Sorry guys, but not much we can do other than wait.

So they are with CC, I did not aware that, thank you.

Do you work for Liquid, Wintereise? If it is the case, I do think it should be better to inform affected clients who are in the node about down time. I understand anyone can have unexpected problems but if clients are informed, it would be better.

• I don't specifically work for liquid, I work for the brand behind Liquid (and a few others.)

I agree, announcements should be sent out. I'll ask to see why one wasn't.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

One will be sent out shortly

• @Fliphost said:
    One will be sent out shortly

Got the email from Alex, it should be fine for me as I just need information on time. I will continue monitoring the service after it is up before adding it to the redundant nodes.

For your information @Fliphost, I decided to purchase the yearly plan from Liquid after the news regarding it was acquired by Query Foundry was released :-). I do think it should be good as I have good experience with Fliphost service.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@nhocconan We will make sure to keep everyone informed.

Happy to have you with us.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

Wintereise said: We've been told that they didn't have one local, and are waiting to overnight one in.

Really poor for a company of CC size to not have a disk on site.

• Virtovo said: Really poor for a company of CC size to not have a disk on site.

They don't have a CPU onsite either :(

• @concerto49 said:

How about leaving CC and migrate everything to your own data center? Brands under the same holder should help each other I think :-P

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

nhocconan said: How about leaving CC and migrate everything to your own data center? Brands under the same holder should help each other I think :-P

Few LET companies have their own datacenter.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@concerto49 said:

Im guessing that rules out things like spare chassis, raid cards etc.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited May 2014

nhocconan said: How about leaving CC and migrate everything to your own data center? Brands under the same holder should help each other I think :-P

perennate said: Few LET companies have their own datacenter.

There is something in the works yes. Our space with MultaCOM was and has been full for over a year. We've been waiting for them to build out their new space ever since. I've personally had 100 emails following up during this period and all we got was coming soon. The frustrations...

We've shuffled things around and managed to get Fliphost migrated, which was pre-LiquidHost acquisition.

Meanwhile, I'll personally be going to California and nearby areas to be doing data center tours and planning out future expansions as this really can't go on, so you'll hear from us soon.

Updates will be announced as they do to customers.

I do apologize for this.

Virtovo said: Im guessing that rules out things like spare chassis, raid cards etc.

No comment. I think I've already said enough :) - sounds like it'll get out of hand at this rate. All I can say is there are lots of problems under the hood that we don't talk about.

It's even why we bother getting our own gear etc. I wish to save the hassle, but it is a hassle already now.

• It is great to hear that, @concerto49. I did see Fliphost was migrated this month. Hope to hear the same good news from Liquid soon. Thanks.

• @concerto49 said:
    Meanwhile, I'll personally be going to California and nearby areas

I bet you're so bummed out to get to go to California :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@skybucks100 said:
    I bet you're so bummed out to get to go to California :)

Yeah, I bet he's loving having to spend extra money.

• @trewq said:
    Yeah, I bet he's loving having to spend extra money.

It was a joke, i'm just saying it could be a lot worse. California is pretty cool and fun place to go to whether it be for business or for fun.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@skybucks100 said:
    It was a joke, i'm just saying it could be a lot worse. California is pretty cool and fun place to go to whether it be for business or for fun.

I know, no need to be defensive :)

• @trewq said:
    I know, no need to be defensive :)

Me? Defensive? Pshh nawwww

• move everythin 2 infomart plz

• skybucks100 said: I bet you're so bummed out to get to go to California :)

trewq said: Yeah, I bet he's loving having to spend extra money.

skybucks100 said: It was a joke, i'm just saying it could be a lot worse. California is pretty cool and fun place to go to whether it be for business or for fun.

It'll be for both. Basically I get a free trip for a few days since I save money from the business related activities anyway.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Virtovo said:
    Im guessing that rules out things like spare chassis, raid cards etc.

When I worked for Liquid I got the impression that Seattle was their smallest PoP, there were many things they didn't have in Seattle that they had in other locations. I'm sure they have stuff in Buffalo, Chicago and the likes.

• @Infinity said:
    When I worked for Liquid I got the impression that Seattle was their smallest PoP, there were many things they didn't have in Seattle that they had in other locations. I'm sure they have stuff in Buffalo, Chicago and the likes.

No, some of my comments were about Buffalo.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Now I must say I am completely disappointed of the service at Liquid. My VPS had been down for 5 days from last post, and then up for 1 day, and then has been down till now. Everything they said is due to data center. I am not sure whether I paid for their data center or for them.

I did see there are not many comments here regarding their service quality, so it seems they do not have enough customers to care about their service?

• I've had a KVM with them in Dallas for a little over a year with no problems. Everything has been running perfect.

As far as Seattle, I've seen a lot of horror stories here written by angry customers. They seem to have a lot of hardware issues there...

• Their Seattle's node performance is really quite bad though, there's one thread bout it a few months ago. Lucky that I got partially refunded for it, but still, that node's performance is really subpar.

• Thanks @grillmasyer and @wcypierre for your information.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited June 2014

nhocconan said: Thanks @grillmasyer and @wcypierre for your information.

nhocconan said: I did see there are not many comments here regarding their service quality, so it seems they do not have enough customers to care about their service?

We wish we could do more for you, but as per my earlier comments we have a scheduled build out waiting.

I'm not trying to lay the blame anywhere, but I do wonder what drives these folks use. We've had drive failure after drive failure. Replacement after replacement. That's why it's been going up and down. Literally have people working on this non-stop.

Is it the people or the hardware?

It doesn't make sense right? I wish it didn't. I don't know how it runs over there - but I've never seen it in many places. For some reason IPMI never works and they keep trying to charge us with remote KVMs etc too.

If it was me, I'd look at the situation and tell the customer it's time we replace the whole box - but no.

It's a single node (so not everyone) but I do see the pain yet I could do nothing. I wish there was a better solution.

If you have better ideas on a solution - let us know. The problem with trying to move everyone to a new node is - we can't even 100% have the data up for long enough. It just goes down again. SMART error. Drive failure detected. 1 after the other, replacement after replacement.

They claim there are no SLAs around drive failures - only power and network, i.e. no compensation and doesn't care.

• OK, understood the scenario, @concerto49. I will wait and see since there is the only option now.