Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

calihop.net not resolving
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

calihop.net not resolving

anybody having servers with them ?

Comments

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2014

We have a couple nodes with them, all appear to be online right now.

• nerouxneroux Member

They only seem to have a DNS issue. The webserver itself is working.

• I have been trying to contact CaliHop for a few weeks now. I am locked out of their client area and need to pay some invoices. Opened 3 support tickets, no response. Called three times, no answer.

Also password reset tool not working.

• Strange,did they close the account ?

• The servers are still online. I hope the don't close my account. I really like their service.

• harispharisp Member

Joseph told me he is no longer owner of Calihop ( even though on company records it still says he is ) and that "new" owner decided to close our account with them. Joseph, in short reply, told me he can't guarantee any uptime of nodes and "this is probably my last communication with you, good luck with your business sir" reply. I'm already working on migration strategy and creating backups for our customers there. Hope servers will not go offline in the meantime.

To others having accounts with Calihop, if I were you, I would submit simple ticket and see if Joseph will reply, if not move away ASAP as this is probably ship that is sinking..

• @ipxadam Damian I think,it is important to inform you so tagged your account

• @harisp said:
    Joseph told me he is no longer owner of Calihop ( even though on company records it still says he is ) and that "new" owner decided to close our account with them. Joseph, in short reply, told me he can't guarantee any uptime of nodes and "this is probably my last communication with you, good luck with your business sir" reply. I'm already working on migration strategy and creating backups for our customers there. Hope servers will not go offline in the meantime.

To others having accounts with Calihop, if I were you, I would submit simple ticket and see if Joseph will reply, if not move away ASAP as this is probably ship that is sinking..

I think you're right. I opened a ticket with them and they still haven't replied. The Joseph that we all know had great great response time and he hasn't been active at all. I think I'm going to create backups as soon as possible because I don't know what can happen at any time. Furthermore, I am unable to pay their invoices as there is no "check out" button, it's really strange.

• CoreyCorey Member

Ihtasham said: I think you're right. I opened a ticket with them and they still haven't replied. The Joseph that we all know had great great response time and he hasn't been active at all. I think I'm going to create backups as soon as possible because I don't know what can happen at any time. Furthermore, I am unable to pay their invoices as there is no "check out" button, it's really strange.

It is strange, I wonder why someone would buy them out and are closing some clients accounts and also have no way for existing clients to pay. Seems like a waste of money.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

I just got a response on a ticket I've had open for quite a while but it was just a cancellation so nothing urgent.

• Submitted 3 tickets since the end of June, no response.
    Luckily we have migrated all the client VMs before they shut the server down without any notice.

• Hope no company using them right now

• ftpit said: Hope no company using them right now

I guess most of the San Diego VPS providers host with Calihop?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

@DannyAlex said:
    I guess most of the San Diego VPS providers host with Calihop?

Safe assumption.