Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Currently looking for volunteer staff
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Currently looking for volunteer staff

I’m currently looking for volunteer staff sysadmins for managing a set of gameservers (6 TF2 servers, webserver, mumble, etc).

If interested, sign up at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qrqahN_txb9400160tXFdwnMPlu-iJUijJbHN86uRFU/viewform

Thanks!

Comments

• wychwych Member

Your brave.

• LowENDLowEND Member

Error: Invalid Email (Maybe you should fix this)

• wychwych Member

I am also assuming here that Volunteer means unpaid?

• @LowEND said:
    Error: Invalid Email (Maybe you should fix this)

Fixed

• @wych said:
    I am also assuming here that Volunteer means unpaid?

Yes

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

wych said: I am also assuming here that Volunteer means unpaid?

True, but you'll have access to many customers' personal data, so the earning potential should be quite high.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@raindog308 said:

Thats one way to look at it.

• PwnerPwner Member

Not to sound rude or anything (I'm just asking what everyone else wants to know anyways), but is there any incentive for volunteering into this?

Thanked by 1nunim
  • dnwkdnwk Member

@Pwner said:
    Not to sound rude or anything (I'm just asking what everyone else wants to know anyways), but is there any incentive for volunteering into this?

I look at craigslist yesterday and found a lot of people is asking free housing

• Usually if someone is willing to help you administer something like this for free the person is either:

• A personal friend
    • Someone quite young, 11-17
    • Someone who is already invested in your community e.g. a dedicated player on your server
    • Someone with malicious intent

Two of these are a good idea, one could be good or bad and one is terrible. I am not sure if asking for the help of randoms is too useful.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I wouldn't necessarily trust a "volunteer" over a forum haha.

What exact admin services/tasks do you need done?

• AleksZAleksZ Member

Gimme the rights. A know the way!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • RBHRBH Member

I like how the google form is very specific on "Amount of time that you can generally spend in a week * specific to a point it asks you seconds.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • RBH said: I like how the google form is very specific on "Amount of time that you can generally spend in a week * specific to a point it asks you seconds.

I would say time is money...

• I suppose if anyone plays TF2 on the servers, they might be willing to help manage/maintain them.

I assume any submissions are screened before being given the keys, so to speak. To not do so would be a terrible idea.

• StellaEVStellaEV Member
    edited May 2014

Their screened. In fact, I have actually just finished removing a bunch of entries from the spreadsheet

• crdnlcrdnl Member

Mine wasn't in that I hope. I've got a bunch of free time over the summer (college just let out) and I need something to do.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

StellaEV said: Their screened.

You might try @mtwiscool.

• NelginNelgin Member

Bitcoin mining, anyone?

• StellaEVStellaEV Member
    edited June 2014

Those who have been chosen have been contacted.

Side note: all those who used gmail/yahoo/other free email providers were removed from the registration list.

• @StellaEV said:
    Those who have been chosen have been contacted.

Side note: all those who used gmail/yahoo/other free email providers were removed from the registration list.

So, you're looking for free help, but anyone that uses a free email provider is not eligible... You Cra! lol

Thanked by 1Corey