Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode or Crissic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode or Crissic

Hello, what host of Ramnode or Crissic is the best? I mean support, hardware etc.

Comments

• swainswain Member

I've been using ramnode for over a year and i only have good things to say. Their servers are great and the support is even better. You can't go wrong with ramnode

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

From what i read, support, crissic, hardware ramnode. Ramnode seems to have only positive feedback, crissic not so much so, so, a short digest of what i read here, go with ramnode if all other things are equal.

• GunterGunter Member

Crissic has a poor reputation in the past but recently they've been pretty awesome.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • khavkhav Member

Haven't used Crissic servers but i vouch for ramnode

Hardware - 10/10
    Support - 10/10 (You need to know how to manage your servers but @Nick_A is definitely helpful).
    Network - 10/10

Their policy is pretty liberal as oppose to Crissic .For e.g ramnode allow VPN , Proxy , Torrent but you are responsible for any abuse

Hope it helps,

Regards

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

RamNode all the way.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Thanks for all answers! But i need some more about Crissic.

• They are both really good, i'm with both

Thanked by 2SkylarM Nick_A
  • DavidxDavidx Member

RamNode. They have both amazing hardware, and support. Nick has helped me a lot.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • sirmbhesirmbhe Member

@khav said:
    Haven't used Crissic servers but i vouch for ramnode

Hardware - 10/10
    Support - 10/10 (You need to know how to manage your servers but Nick_A is definitely helpful).
    Network - 10/10

Their policy is pretty liberal as oppose to Crissic .For e.g ramnode allow VPN , Proxy , Torrent but you are responsible for any abuse

Hope it helps,

Regards

Agree with this one. +1 for Ramnode

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Ramnode Becuase they allow proxy,IRC,torrent downloading etc.
    Where as crissic AUP is very strict they disallow a lot of things.
    I would choose Ramnode over crissic.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • rds100rds100 Member

So do you need it for personal stuff, or for work / busyness? If for personal use, i would choose the provider with the more lax ToS. For serious work / busyness - i'd go with the provider with the more strict ToS.

• Crissic:

Customer for about 6 months

Pros:

-Cheap, yet great quality

-Awesome support

-Super transparent

Cons:

-Recent downtime

-Their anti abuse stuff can be set off pretty easily

RamNode:

Customer for 5 months

Pros:

-Amazing network

-Great support

-Lots of locations

Cons:

-Generally more expensive

• BellaBella Member

I have VPS's with both and you can't go wrong with either.

Support I'd say Crissic, they have very fast response times, but Ramnode does an excellent job as well.

Crissic is only Florida so if you want other locations then go for Ramnode

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • opelnicopelnic Member

I choose Ramnode

Crissic have a bad route to China

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

is this for ovz or kvm vps?

• DalCompDalComp Member

Performance wise I prefer ramnode and their SSD. Their SSD space allocation is pretty generous compared to other SSD providers. If you have intensive use of disk, like busy MySQL, then go to RamNode. Support is pretty quick too. Though their pricing is generally more expensive and you can't have over 0.9 extended server load.

Crissic is cheaper. Performance is OK, but is actually awesome for the money paid. I'm still amazed with their almost instant support responses.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Vouch for Crissic here. Been a customer, everything was superb.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • ramnode is the best

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • AcacyAcacy Member

Im using crissic and their support are great

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • dobuzdobuz Member

both have my support. love both of them.

• I have both and both are awesome.Crissic used to be great value for money.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I have a Ramnod in NL (hosting an image site) and a Crissic in Jacksonville (plex server).

Both are my good list since the both work when I need them.

• mentarimentari Member

ramode but if u need more support and friendly go with catalysthost

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Look at the poll results. Crissic never higher than 4th, Ramnode top for 500 consecutive polls. I think you have your answer.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

both are good.. but I prefer ramnode for performance reason

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • bizzardbizzard Member

Customer for more than an year at RamNode. Have 4 active services now; OpenVZ and KVM. Great Support for the tickets I raised and there were very few of them, good performance, SSD plans

Have been with Crissic for more than 6 months. Presently having a custom OVZ plan. Friendly IRC support. Response times are fine (around 2 to 3 hours max), Cheaper, Offers custom solutions in need.

• tommytommy Member

I prefer using ramnode than using crissic for many reason.

I don't like their monitoring tools

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • sonicsonic Veteran

crissic changes their package without announcement. IPv4 from 2 to 1. Monthly payment for 256 package changed to yearly.

I dont like this action. (i have over 10 active services with them but i will have to find another provider for future orders)

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited May 2014

@sonic said:
    crissic changes their package without announcement. IPv4 from 2 to 1. Monthly payment for 256 package changed to yearly.

I dont like this action. (i have over 10 active services with them but i will have to find another provider for future orders)

We didn't send any notification to existing customers as it was only a change to NEW orders, not existing orders. At any rate, we've gone ahead and re-activated the monthly payment options for the OVZ256 package.

Appreciate the kind words :)

@skybucks100 said:
    Crissic:
    Cons:

-Their anti abuse stuff can be set off pretty easily

We have actually taken steps to improve this, most users should never realistically hit our abuse monitoring tools. We are also taking steps to significantly overhaul how we deal with SMTP as a whole, to remove any potential for false positives.

@khav said:
    allow VPN , Proxy , Torrent but you are responsible for any abuse

AUP has been modified slightly to specify. We DO ALLOW VPN-as-a-service (and similar), we do NOT allow public proxies (IE if it requires a password or a pay-wall to access, we're okay with it. However you are ultimately liable for abuse).

• khavkhav Member

@SkylarM

I think you should allow at least web proxy...

I have been with ramnode for 7+ month (since the birth of my web proxy) .However i have now moved to a dedicated server but i am fully satisfied with Ramnode as a provider.

It would really be nice if you could be more flexible