Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion of Shared hosting with 2Gb HD + Php version 5.3.x
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestion of Shared hosting with 2Gb HD + Php version 5.3.x

Hello guys, I am having problems with the current Shared server. Can you suggest me options of GOOD companies I can use PHP version from 5.1.0 to 5.3.x?

I have used a Cart (e-commerce software) that runs ONLY in Php version older than 5.3.x. In localhost I tried to install it and received this messsage:

"PHP version from 5.1.0 to 5.3.x is required. PHP 5.4.x and later are not supported. Your PHP is version 5.4.16, please ask your host to install a supported version."

I need Cpanel in it.

What I have at this moment for $0.99:
2 GB SSD Disk Space
Unmetered Bandwidth

Host 1 Website

So, at least 2Gb HD will be ok.
I do not mind about Bandwidth.
I only need this for ONE domain I have because I can not use in the Reseller's Cpanel account this olde PHP version.

Thank you!

Comments

• I think hostgator is still using php ver 5.2 You better give them a try.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

Look for hosts that use Cloudlinux as their OS for cPanel. Cloudlinux allows the use of multiple PHP versions so if you don't get the option within your cPanel account just submit a ticket and they should change your settings

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • BlueVM uses Cloudlinux for our nodes. It's quite magical. You can select an older PHP version now. We used to get clients asking for old PHP versions that we couldn't give them before Cloudlinux. Now we can! The stability and performance of the new nodes is also SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

• nunimnunim Member

CloudLinux's PHP Version Selector is quite useful, if somewhat limited on what options can be set. You should really update your software, 5.2.x is quite old and officially End of Life, everyone should be using at least 5.3.28, preferably 5.4.24 as 5.6 is coming out shortly.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • nerouxneroux Member

Not the advice you have been looking for, but these versions are terribly outdated. The only reasonable choice is to choose a solution which runs on a current version.

• @stallion said:
    I think hostgator is still using php ver 5.2 You better give them a try.

Maybe not a good option when you have already a reseller account to your others domains.
    3.96 is not cheap for 1 or 4 domains.

By the way, thank you for your suggestion.

• @rmlhhd said:
    Look for hosts that use Cloudlinux as their OS for cPanel. Cloudlinux allows the use of multiple PHP versions so if you don't get the option within your cPanel account just submit a ticket and they should change your settings

Yes, I know about this in Cpanel's forum.
    I forgot to insert the link. :(
    Tks

@Magiobiwan said:
    BlueVM uses Cloudlinux for our nodes. It's quite magical. You can select an older PHP version now. We used to get clients asking for old PHP versions that we couldn't give them before Cloudlinux. Now we can! The stability and performance of the new nodes is also SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

I have a VPS with BlueVM I have never used. Is it possible to migrate?
    :)

• @nunim said:
    CloudLinux's PHP Version Selector is quite useful, if somewhat limited on what options can be set. You should really update your software, 5.2.x is quite old and officially End of Life, everyone should be using at least 5.3.28, preferably 5.4.24 as 5.6 is coming out shortly.

@neroux said:
    Not the advice you have been looking for, but these versions are terribly outdated. The only reasonable choice is to choose a solution which runs on a current version.

I agree with you. But this software, in the old version I need to use, only works in these PHP versions.
    :(

• nerouxneroux Member

DragonDF said: I agree with you. But this software, in the old version I need to use, only works in these PHP versions. :(

Why cant you use a newer version?

I would seriously recommend to either use a newer version with proper support or use a different solution. 5.3 is two versions old and will be out of support in two months. Let alone anything older. I wouldnt even recommend 5.4 anymore.

• DragonDF said: I have a VPS with BlueVM I have never used. Is it possible to migrate? :)

Unfortunately OpenVZ doesn't run on CloudLinux. If it did, I would be a happy happy person. If you have a shared hosting/reseller account on an old node still (there shouldn't be any left), open a ticket and we can get it moved over.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • If you are still looking for something I can give you a cPanel account on a BlueVM reseller for free if you only need 2gb?

• @neroux said:
    I would seriously recommend to either use a newer version with proper support or use a different solution. 5.3 is two versions old and will be out of support in two months. Let alone anything older. I wouldnt even recommend 5.4 anymore.

Different Carts. I need to use the old one. Yes, I have a license. :) But the new one is worst.

@Magiobiwan said:

I have just opened a ticket (424830). Please take a look.

@linuxthefish said:
    If you are still looking for something I can give you a cPanel account on a BlueVM reseller for free if you only need 2gb?

Really? Great. But I will wait for the blueVM reply, ok?
    Maybe I can solve the problem with them.

Thank you for your free offer.

• @DragonDF I've replied to your ticket.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    DragonDF I've replied to your ticket.

I have just replied you back. :)

• @Magiobiwan said:
    DragonDF I've replied to your ticket.

Can you please take a look in the Ticket?
    I replied you in the same day.

thank you!

@linuxthefish said:
    If you are still looking for something I can give you a cPanel account on a BlueVM reseller for free if you only need 2gb?

I think it will not be necessary. BlueVM will help me with the new shared server with them.
    :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish