Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other providers have Japan location, best with KDDI (same as Linode)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any other providers have Japan location, best with KDDI (same as Linode)

jrdaijrdai Member

I can find Linode and Vultr, however Linode is too expensive to start, while Vultr's location has worse ping result even than the west US locations. In short, I get slightly over 100ms ping from Linode, while 300ms-400ms from Vultr.

PS:Vultr's price is tempting, but their locations' ping result, no matter from UK, West US or Asia, do not interest me (there are way better results out there).

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2014

You can check my Japanese provider list for other options you have in Japan. But I can confirm that Linode has the lowest ping to me as well from RU, other providers tend to route a much greater proportion of their traffic around the world via the USA.

Where are you located? Maybe DO SG will be a good choice for you.

By the way Linode are reportedly planning to add a plan cheaper than $20 (for $10?). So let's hope they do. :)

Thanked by 1jrdai
  • ArchieArchie Member

sakura.ne.jp

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Archie said: sakura.ne.jp

To order from Sakura you have to live in Japan and they even do residence address verification via sending each new customer a physical letter.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

@rm_ They sent physical letter to every new order... even if you are an old customer.

Thanked by 1rm_