Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 7 Pro Licences with Disk - £20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows 7 Pro Licences with Disk - £20

Ben1002Ben1002 Member
edited May 2014 in General

Genuine windows 7 Pro licenses available. Will post license and disk to purchasers. £20 per license. Discount for bulk purchase.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Some Microsoft guru, please tell me if this is possible to use on a regular laptop?

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

These are from regular laptops. So yes it would be.

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member
    edited May 2014

Currently have 5 left

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@Ben1002 said:
    These are from regular laptops. So yes it would be.

How many do you have available? Also is postage included?

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

Postage is included to UK. Have 5 left at this second but will most likely have some more tomorrow

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Have these keys been activated before?

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

MikHo said: Have these keys been activated before?

Ben1002 said: These are from regular laptops. So yes it would be.

I would assume yes so you have to hope they are not activated too many times and are not some OEM license that you need to modify the BIOS for.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

OEM or BOX? Original invoice available?

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

OEM, no original invoice available as they was removed from a bulk purchase of ex business machines. There will be no need for any bios modifications. They will also activate fine.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

From what I know OEM will only be valid with the original hardware, therefore this will be no more than a slightly less objectionable case of piracy.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

@Maounique said:
    From what I know OEM will only be valid with the original hardware, therefore this will be no more than a slightly less objectionable case of piracy.

No, there are OEM disks sold by Microsoft which are valid for any hardware too (sold to system builders). Yeah, it still breaks the terms of the license since you are reusing it, but that's a different matter.

• pcanpcan Member

COA Stickers seems to be a Type 2 OEM SLP (original equipment manufacturer system-locked pre-installation). They are sold by royalty manufacturers like HP or Dell, that are licensed to use the SLP technology. Type 2 licenses require a valid SLIC (System Licensed Internal Code) in the BIOS on the motherboard, but they can be reactivated by entering the COA product key. This will transform them in a Type 8 license that does not read the SLIC table.
    The DVD-ROM media belongs to a Type 3 System Builder license, purchased from a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher. The refurbisher should have supplied a Type 3 COA sticker, but they maybe spared the stickers and simply leaved the original COA.

So, on a legal standpoint, @Maounique is totally right. By the way, the stickers have been pulled very badly from the computer. To detach the COA stickers without any damage, simply heat it with a hairdrier and pull with the help of a blade. They come out like new.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Ben1002Ben1002 Member

They are like new. Just not stuck down properly on the image. When stuck down correctly they look perfect

• Maounique said: From what I know OEM will only be valid with the original hardware, therefore this will be no more than a slightly less objectionable case of piracy.

No this is worse than piracy since the pirater is selling the pirated content. The real Hackers of the Internets at least give the content away for free to the public.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

So from legal stand can i use that on my company desktop ?
    if yes i am interested