Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN

n1kkon1kko Member

I have setup my first VPN with my VPS in the US although I'm in the UK. Getting speeds of 3-5mb would it be faster if I had a UK VPN?

Comments

• georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2014

Usually the closer you live to your server (VPS), the better speeds you are more likely to get.

• halczyhalczy Member

You should do a download test / looking glass before signing up with your VPS. I would say 3-5mb/s is not that bad.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

said: would it be faster if I had a UK VPN?

Yes, much faster.

• n1kkon1kko Member

Will look for a cheap yearly UK VPS if I can get better speeds. Also when connected to VPN on iphone will it use the servers bandwidth or my 3 or 4g data?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@n1kko said:
    Will look for a cheap yearly UK VPS if I can get better speeds. Also when connected to VPN on iphone will it use the servers bandwidth or my 3 or 4g data?

depends. On WiFi? Your ISP internet and the server. on 3g or 4g? There you go

• Falco33Falco33 Member

@n1kko said:

It uses your 3/4g data to send and receive data to the server. (VPN)

So, it uses both.