Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for A Japanese Host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for A Japanese Host

SunnSunn Member

Hello LET members,

I am searching for a Japanese VPS or Node.

Specifications: 2-4 GB DDR3 Ram

100+ GB SSD

Unmetered Bandwidth @ 1 GBPS

Warm Regards, Ryyan H.

Comments

• BradBrad Member
    edited May 2014
  • Yep true @Zen, you can get a 1Gbps port in Tokyo n the Linode 8GB plan though with an 8TB transfer limit.

• SunnSunn Member

@Brad said:
    Just stop.

Just go away.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

The most you're going to find on VPS offers in Japan, is "unmetered shared 100 Mbit". However this generally translates to 1) bandwidth not being guaranteed, and 2) a strict "fair use" policy, i.e. the provider will send you an E-Mail or take action against your account (bandwidth limiting, termination), if they deem your usage "affects other customers". For example: http://www.rbvps.com/711.html http://www.rbvps.com/714.html (kind of blows the Google Translate's head away, since those pages are part in Chinese and part in Japanese).

• hellogoodbyehellogoodbye Member
    edited May 2014

@rm_ said:
    The most you're going to find on VPS offers in Japan, is "unmetered shared 100 Mbit". However this generally translates to 1) bandwidth not being guaranteed, and 2) a strict "fair use" policy, i.e. the provider will send you an E-Mail or take action against your account (bandwidth limiting, termination), if they deem your usage "affects other customers". For example: http://www.rbvps.com/711.html http://www.rbvps.com/714.html (kind of blows the Google Translate's head away, since those pages are part in Chinese and part in Japanese).

For what it's worth, the hosts' actions stemmed from the fact that those Chinese users were mining bandwidth on their servers, which generated enormous amounts of traffic and most likely did affect other clients. (I'm fluent in both Chinese and Japanese, so it comes in handy.)

edited May 2014

Regardless, if someone is looking for

Unmetered Bandwidth @ 1 GBPS

...their bandwidth demands are likely to result in the same kind of response. And it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary either, some or most providers also directly mention on their websites, e.g.

転送量制限はありませんが、回線/サーバーに影響がある場合は改善をお願いする場合があります。

There is no bandwidth throttling, but we may ask you to improve if you are affecting the line / server.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

@hellogoodbye

+1, the yunfan mining software is so annoying.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

is bandwidth mining profitable? how it works?

• wychwych Member

@Mark_R said:
    is bandwidth mining profitable? how it works?

Well if your not left with a bill it should be, not sure on payout volume though.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited May 2014

@wych said:
    Well if your not left with a bill it should be, not sure on payout volume though.

I can imagine that the providers hate it but I am curious on what the bandwidth will be used for, how is it going to be profitable in any way?

• wychwych Member

@Mark_R said:

If you find anything out about it could you let me know, Im also curious but can't find much about it.

• hellogoodbyehellogoodbye Member
    edited May 2014

@Mark_R @wych

Quick breakdown:

• They claim that the bandwidth is resold to the biggest streaming companies in China, who buy because the pool providers are selling the bandwidth at a cheaper rate than standard CDNs. Thus, top dogs (eg. Youku, Tudou, Sohu) are paying less for bandwidth than through traditional means.

• The company behind the mining software is earning from the reselling because they're only paying out to miners in virtual currency that is restricted in usage ie. you can only use it for specific purposes such as purchasing that company's gift cards or Kuaibo membership cards (Kuaibo is their video streaming app by the way). There's no value to the cards really, but they claim that people can exchange the gift cards for different gaming currencies on the market which can then be sold by the individual for actual money. You can also resell the cards on Taobao for money yourself.

• The miners think they're earning more than what they're spending. All they really have to do is purchase a few small plans at very low costs (unmetered bandwidth is a bonus) and run the program provided by the company. If their services are terminated, they'll just move on to another provider and continue what they're doing. It doesn't take much effort to mine bandwidth at all and the payout appears attractive enough to them that they're willing to take a minor risk to earn more down the road, especially since the company claims that as demand for bandwidth rises and the higher the worth, their virtual currency will also have a higher value.

Thanked by 2wych Mark_R
  • wychwych Member

Cheers bud.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

Thank you!

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited May 2014

Asia traffic is extreamly expensive outside the country, Local traffic is reasonable but the likeness of getting a 1Gbps Unmetered is low you can probally find Unmetered Shared(100Mbit) , Because international bandwidth for example is around(Roughly) 10Mbit Dedicated International Bandwidth US$ 1,052.63 /mo These prices are taken from HK but I am presuming their similar because Asia International bandwidth costs.

• WilliamWilliam Member

MonsteR said: mo These prices are taken from HK but I am presuming their similar because Asia International bandwidth costs.

not that much, 20$/Mbit for middle quality.

• I'm not sure whether the following is what you look for but take a look at http://vps.sakura.ad.jp/

• earlearl Member

Hmm.. at first glance I thought he was really looking for a "Japanese Host". The kind with the skimpy outfit and a couple of chopsticks through her hair.

edited May 2014

NekoShiinachan said: I'm not sure whether the following is what you look for but take a look at http://vps.sakura.ad.jp/

I genuinely wonder was that just the first thing you googled up, and decided to post it here without knowing anything else whatsoever? To order from Sakura one has to live in Japan, and they verify residence address via mailing out physical letters. There are some providers in Japan where foreigners can order, but Sakura is not one of them.

• @rm_ said:
    I genuinely wonder was that just the first thing you googled up, and decided to post it here without knowing anything else whatsoever? To order from Sakura one has to live in Japan, and they verify residence address via mailing out physical letters. There are some providers in Japan where foreigners can order, but Sakura is not one of them.

No, this just ran over my way today and I remembered it when I saw this topic.

Didn't know they do this kind of verification.

• I still don't understand how you can possibly "resell" bandwidth. :/

• @eddynetweb said:
    I still don't understand how you can possibly "resell" bandwidth. :/

me too

• WilliamWilliam Member

not sure whats so hard to understand? Bind SW to a port; integrate into CDN network by DNS

• @William said:
    not sure whats so hard to understand? Bind SW to a port; integrate into CDN network by DNS

That makes more sense. :O

• SunnSunn Member

Why is it, that these threads give no actual answer, instead conversation's about irrelevant thoughts begin.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Sunn said:
    Why is it, that these threads give no actual answer, instead conversation's about irrelevant thoughts begin.

You've had an answer or three, and I'd hardly say the additional conversations here are irrelevant. Stop being a grumblepuss.

• There's Vultr that offers 1Gbps (although some might say different) in Tokyo, you'd be looking at $70/mo for that much disk space.

• SunnSunn Member
    edited May 2014

@Nekki said:

Why must you always mock me?

• ub3rstar said: There's Vultr that offers 1Gbps (although some might say different) in Tokyo, you'd be looking at $70/mo for that much disk space.

The SCNet network is so-so, aaaaaaaand the usual data allocations do not exist there.

For example, the smallest plan is capped to 100 GB instead of the usual 1 TB.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Sunn said:
    Why must you always mock me?

There's no mockery involved chum.

Thanked by 10xdragon