Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123Systems - 3days+ to respond to a ticket
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123Systems - 3days+ to respond to a ticket

J1021J1021 Member

So I've been trying to get a response from 123Systems for a few days now. As it stands the rDNS still hasn't updated on the IP and I'm wanting a refund. Anyone else had any trouble with them?

Comments

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014
    • Nevermind, I read "30 days" when I saw the topic.

3 days is... depending on what day you opened the ticket, or what times they run [ as well as what support hours they claim ] , this could be normal.

• Was it submitted on a friday? And do they claim 24/hr support?

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014

-

• My ticket replies have been five minutes to some hours. But theres only one staff member it seems like, Andrew *******

• @Jack said:
    CVPS_Chris resolve it.

What do CVPS got to do with 123systems, did they acquire it or something?

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited May 2014

@K2Bytes said:
    What do CVPS got to do with 123systems, did they acquire it or something?

CVPS acquired 123Systems. Andrew was kept on as staff.

• irmirm Member

Yeah 123systems is terrible. I have a VPS with them and haven't touched it in a good while because it's horrible...

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • @GoodHosting said:

• Nevermind, I read "30 days" when I saw the topic.

Same :)

• nerouxneroux Member

I am surprised by the comments about the dates as it is fairly obvious it was submitted on Tuesday, respectively Wednesday.

• J1021J1021 Member

@neroux said:
    I am surprised by the comments about the dates as it is fairly obvious it was submitted on Tuesday, respectively Wednesday.

Or that 3 days is normal. They advertise support as being available around the clock and advertise instant setup which didn't transpire, atleast not for my order. I had to submit a ticket and request setup, my server was provisioned shortly after though no explanation was given for the non-instant setup.

• CakeyCakey Member

@irm said:
    Yeah 123systems is terrible. I have a VPS with them and haven't touched it in a good while because it's horrible...

Same, it had so many network and IO problems

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

what is wrong with people these days? for 5 bucks a year you expect 20 min response?

Thanked by 1XxNisseGamerxX
  • nerouxneroux Member

@zhuanyi said:
    what is wrong with people these days? for 5 bucks a year you expect 20 min response?

Who mentioned any of these numbers?

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@zhuanyi said:

You can't advertise this:

"Superior Support

123Systems Technical support team is available to you around the clock."

Then leave someone waiting for 3 days.

• I got like 4 vps's with these guys. Sure the support isn't good. But the pricing and specs are.

• irmirm Member
    edited May 2014

Cakey said: Same, it had so many network and IO problems

Yep network is terrible. I tried to ask them to look into it since I was attempting to download files from my RamNode VPS and was basically met with "there is no issue" even though the various wgets + speedtest image (http://www.speedtest.net/result/3374922707.png) prove otherwise.

Read from bottom to top (Image link incase screenshot is too compressed/small: http://i.imgur.com/vf0alpm.png):

They were supposed to investigate but I guess they're too busy to do that.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

1e10 said: CVPS acquired 123Systems. Andrew was kept on as staff.

Announcement somewhere?

Otherwise I call "not true".

Not that it would surprise me. They deserve each other.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

neroux said: Who mentioned any of these numbers?

I think that is pretty much implied here. May be I was exaggerating but the reality weren't too far.

Virtovo said: You can't advertise this:

"Superior Support
    123Systems Technical support team is available to you around the clock."
    Then leave someone waiting for 3 days.

Few things:

1. Stop mention "you", I don't work for them nor I have any ties with them.

2. Apologies if I were not being too clear as I was outside typing on my phone, but fact checks:

a. 123Systems does not have a good reputation when it comes to client support, check LET, check WHT and it won't take OP more than 5 minutes to find out.

b. The price they charge is ridiculously low, almost unrelistically low, and when you want absolute cheap price, this is what you get.

So clearly OP didn't read reviews, want to go cheap, and ended up getting the same stories that are being repeated here on and WHT a million times. I am sorry but I have 0 sympathy for this guy.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

zhuanyi said: Stop mention "you", I don't work for them nor I have any ties with them.

The you was not directed at you. Sorry if you felt that. 'You' was as in 123systems.

zhuanyi said: The price they charge is ridiculously low, almost unrelistically low, and when you want absolute cheap price, this is what you get.

123Systems set the price and the expectation by their claims on the website. If they can't offer what they claim for the price they charge it isn't the client's fault.

zhuanyi said: So clearly OP didn't read reviews, want to go cheap, and ended up getting the same stories that are being repeated here on and WHT a million times. I am sorry but I have 0 sympathy for this guy.

Agreed, but at least his message here provides some further warning for the next guy.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

It dosent matter if you pay 4$ or 20$ per Year for a VPS, it should be online and running, to say its acceptable when you pay 4$ and you have a lot problems like its down and support cares a shit Nope sorry.

• J1021J1021 Member

@raindog308 said:

There isn't an announcement. I've heard from a reputable source though, someone who used to be pretty close to Andrew. Andrew has also raised my refund request to a different department, possibly someone higher up, go figure..

• switsysswitsys Member

I like 123Systems.

Thanked by 1XxNisseGamerxX
  • wychwych Member

@switsys said:
    I like 123Systems.

Your one in a million son, how'd you feel?

Thanked by 1Cakey
  • CakeyCakey Member

@wych said:
    Your one in a million son, how'd you feel?

I bet he feels real good inside.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Cakey said: I bet he feels real good inside.

Real good, strong like an Ox.

• switsysswitsys Member

Yes I do.

• Been using these guys awhile now. ticket time has been fast.

• already sell my 1y OVZ plan after 15day of pain... it`s take almost 2h to install LNMP on 2Gb RAM...