Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free panels that allow for DNS replication / clustering
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free panels that allow for DNS replication / clustering

Hi,

Do any of the free panels vesta / webuzo etc allow for multiple nameservers that replicate?

E.g. I add a record in to NS1 and it replicates to NS2 so both have identical sets of records.

I've got this working currently via PDNS but i'd like something thats already built in to a panel if possible. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Comments

• wychwych Member

cPanel has a DNS only version of the software for DNS server replication.

• Kloxo-MR does this. I have not tested it yet but i-MSCP gives instructions for setting up replication. I have recently begun using i-mscp and it seems like a good free panel. I have also found this site that shows how to setup DNS clusters in VestaCP
    http://stevetan.me/vestacp-dns-cluster-setup/

Hope this helps!

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited April 2014

Vesta has this since version 0.9.8-1. See http://vestacp.com/roadmap/

You can set up any server to just send AXFR's out of BIND..... it's relatively easy to do. If you can do that, you can set up BuddyNS to host your DNS for you. It's free for up to 10 domains & 300K lookups per month. You can set it up with your VPS as a hidden master too which takes all DNS load & possible DDoS on port 53 away from your VPS.

Not sure about Ajenti-V's status on this but I don't think it would be far away.

On the paid side, cPanel DNSONLY as mentioned. It's free but you must have a paid cPanel server to link it to. I use this myself, easy as you can get to set up.

InterWorx panel also does DNS clusters.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

even kloxo dose it