Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS located in Strasbourg, France (OVH)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS located in Strasbourg, France (OVH)

Hello,

I'm looking for a VPS located in Strasbourg, France. OVH's SBG DC to be more precise.

Thank you!

Comments

• Why not take a vps directly from them?

• @joodle said:
    Why not take a vps directly from them?

I've been hearing quite a lot mixed reviews. Some people highly recommend their VPS's and some are just not satisfied at all.

First I'd like to see if there are any decent providers out there, before I end up ordering from them directly.

• Hello George,

It's unlikely that you will find a vps there because OVH does not deliver dedicated servers there right now.

Kind regards,

Floris

• @Floris said:
    Hello George,

It's unlikely that you will find a vps there because OVH does not deliver dedicated servers there right now.

Kind regards,

Floris

I see, I wasn't aware they don't sell dedicated servers in Strasbourg. Any ETA regarding RBX location yet?

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@george said:
    I see, I wasn't aware they don't sell dedicated servers in Strasbourg. Any ETA regarding RBX location yet?

Hello George,

Unfortunately, they don't sell dedicated servers there either and we were forced going with GRA, the difference is only 1-5ms though.

Kind Regards,

Floris

• @Floris said:
    Floris

Do they not have HG or HG big available in those locations?

• @Virtovo said:
    Do they not have HG or HG big available in those locations?

No, they only have those availible in BHS

• @Floris said:
    Unfortunately, they don't sell dedicated servers there either and we were forced going with GRA, the difference is only 1-5ms though.

You don't think they are gonna restock their dedicated servers in RBX anytime soon?

• @george said:
    You don't think they are gonna restock their dedicated servers in RBX anytime soon?

They haven't been in stock for a while now, and we're not convinced they will anytime soon.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@george I have an IPv6/NAT IPv4 VPS in RBX that you can take over if you want - renewal is just under £5 a year and it runs out next January. Word of caution though, it can't be used for OpenVPN if that's what you're after.

• @Nekki said:
    george I have an IPv6/NAT IPv4 VPS in RBX that you can take over if you want - renewal is just under £5 a year and it runs out next January. Word of caution though, it can't be used for OpenVPN if that's what you're after.

That's a shame. It's the main reason I'd like to buy a VPS in Strasbourg.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@george said:
    That's a shame. It's the main reason I'd like to buy a VPS in Strasbourg.

I thought that might be the case. The provider won't enable TUN/TAP on these low-end plans unfortunately, I wouldn't have bought it had I known.

• No TUN/TAP on Lowend VPS ? How come and what's the reason ?

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @qhoster said:
    No TUN/TAP on Lowend VPS ? How come and what's the reason ?

@i83

• CakeyCakey Member

@qhoster said:

It's weird cus many people have reported that the Ovh classic has no tun/tap but when I ordered one it did :l and it was auto enabled

• @Cakey said:
    It's weird cus many people have reported that the Ovh classic has no tun/tap but when I ordered one it did :l and it was auto enabled

Some says it's enabled by default, some don't.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

qhoster said: No TUN/TAP on Lowend VPS ? How come and what's the reason ?

They don't want the bandwidth abused, and they fear that enabling TUN/TAP will do exactly that.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:

It wont stop all the abuse.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: It wont stop all the abuse.

You and I both know this, but they were quite firm on their stance.

• DylanDylan Member

george said: Some says it's enabled by default, some don't.

It is supposed to be enabled and if it's somehow not you just need to submit a ticket:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?7933-OVH-VPS-Classic-TUN-TAP

It was fine out of the box for me, for the record.

Thanked by 2george boernd
  • Their "infrastructure" range (EG-32, EG-64, EG-128, HG and BIG HG) is available in both RBX and SBG.
    I ordered an EG-32 in strasbourg yesterday and it was delivered an hour ago.

@Floris said:

Thanked by 1george
  • CakeyCakey Member

@Dylan said:
    It was fine out of the box for me, for the record.

I'd also like to add that it seems to be hopping on and off for me, one day it works the next it doesn't.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2014

@boernd said:
    Their "infrastructure" range (EG-32, EG-64, EG-128, HG and BIG HG) is available in both RBX and SBG. I ordered an EG-32 in strasbourg yesterday and it was delivered an hour ago.

Yeah, I've noticed too the other day.

• i83i83 Member

@qhoster said:

We are not looking to offer it on plans at this moment in time.

Partly due to what @Nekki said, partly due to this not being a direction we wanted to take those services.

We are looking at the feasibility of enabling it on our new product lineup upon release.

• @boernd said:
    Their "infrastructure" range (EG-32, EG-64, EG-128, HG and BIG HG) is available in both RBX and SBG.

It seems that they are finally re-stocking then. At the time I wrote that post, they were out of stock and not availible from those places.

• wychwych Member

@boernd said:
    Their "infrastructure" range (EG-32, EG-64, EG-128, HG and BIG HG) is available in both RBX and SBG.

I wasn't aware they stopped having them available everywhere.