Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Yomura Holdings? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is Yomura Holdings?

Comments

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited April 2014

I just looked up to in Miami, couldn't find the name "Yomura" or "delimiter" on them.

Only 1 or 2 Linkedin profiles, both with not more than 40 connections.

Yomura's website, not accessible.

Yomura, not mentioned on a trustworthy website like Wikipedia or any business websites(except forums)

From a quick google, their acquired companies which I could find out are, Delimitervps.com , ifusehosting.com(down) , magmahost.com(down)

• xvps.us (down)

• wychwych Member

Its a mysterious entity of which form is unknown to humans that promotes Delimiter.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited April 2014

Anyone try calling (404) 223-0220 ?

• @MarkTurner may wish to come back here before things spiral out of control.

• @virtovo - its the usual thread about Yomura, all of this has been speculated upon at least 3-4 times in the past 6 months on here. Never mind the same topics/observations on WHT.

I think if Yomura wanted to promote themselves then they would, right now they seem to be happy for their brands to do that and for them to quietly go around buying up companies/infrastructure without the continual stream of attention. Almost every purchase/acquisition agreement of Yomura has a non-disclosure part to the agreement these days, they don't want the attention on the purchases. This is why you see the PR activity abruptly stopped around 2010.

We're seeing a clash of mentalities, the observations above seem to indicate that if a company has assets they should shout about them. For small or public companies that is a must to help their image and for public companies to help shareholders feel good about them. But Yomura has no need to do this, they provide a solid foundation for its subsidiaries to trade from.

@srvrpro - Cogent has about 5000 SQF on the 5th floor of the building, we are on the 17th floor and there are only two companies on that floor, one has the south side and one has the north side. Yomura is one of them as a direct tenant of the building.

@Cltcam - Yomura chose not to promote its operation, it leaves the subsidiaries to take care of their own promotional work.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner : Any resources which could help me know more about Yamura? Maybe someone listed Yamura as a partner, as Yamura has been in operation since years.

It'd be awesome if there was a way to figure out companies being operated by Yamura. I hope that is not anonymous? You're not even supposed to hide that, I guess.

• @srvrpro - if you read my paragraph #2 then I've answered that already. Yomura has no interest in publicity or even making its presence known.

• @MartTurner what about Delimiter? They seem to be a UK registered company. Do they have a VAT number?

• Seems legit.

• @rds100 - You should ask Delimiter that, it should be printed on their invoices if they are billing from the UK

• MarkTurner said: @rds100 - You should ask Delimiter that, it should be printed on their invoices if they are billing from the UK

Yes, Mark is only for sales and marketing.

• @srvrpro - no I am not involved with Delimiter's operations, I work for their parent company so I don't see things like their invoices, etc. I've ended up being Delimiter's mouthpiece on here because of the lack of presence by them, not by design.

Thanked by 1daxterfellowes
  • tommytommy Member
    edited April 2014

MarkTurner said: Yomura has no interest in publicity

OMG, ninja squad

• @tommy - LOL I don't quite think its that bad.

• For a company that wants to remain invisible- they certainly are mentioned a lot on here. Also LET appears to be their help desk.

• @MarkTurner To be clear, what is delimiter's parent company?

• I'm conflicted with the whole Yomura situation. They provide a good service, obviously have money and didn't pop up overnight. On the other hand, it feels really cloak and dagger. Your company is quite intertwined with the internet, data and communication but you don't even have a public facing website...

Obviously you guys are doing fine without my validation but it'd make me think twice about spending real cash I guess.

• @MarkTurner You say you don't work for Delimiter, but you do work for their parent company. Who is their parent company?

• Cltcam said: @MarkTurner You say you don't work for Delimiter, but you do work for their parent company. Who is their parent company?

Yomura...

• @Cltcam : Yomura is Delimiter's parent company.

• @Cltcam - Yomura is Delimiter's parent company. This is very old news and well documented.

@AThomasHowe - You are misreading the situation, you are dealing with Delimiter (I assume), it doesn't matter whether Yomura wants publicity or not. There is nothing nefarious about it. They don't need it.

When you look around and you see the never-ending stream of nonsensical press releases - XYZ company acquires ABC company - translation XYZ company paid ABC company $500. Or press release because someone adds KVM VPS's. The irony is neither 'company' are even companies, just sole traders. These are just done to make it look like something is happening. Take Delimiter as the example that everyone knows here, the business sells a tonne of servers/VPS every day, most people are happy with what they get, some people are not. But the brand speaks for itself, it doesn't trade off the net worth of Yomura. People like Delimiter because they provide a good service at a good price.

Yomura makes both small and large acquisitions, some are just a guy with a rack, some are fairly substantial. Originally there was a flurry of PRs and rebranding on each acquisition, that didn't do much to help. The general reaction to any acquisition is OMG, my DSL provider has been acquired, I better find a new company. So these days, we just keep it all quiet, leave the people running the companies continue doing so and just fix the problems around behind the scenes.

This tactic has been highly successful for us.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

This isn't all that strange of a situation, is it?

I mean, how many of you have heard Liberty Global, the biggest broadband company in the world?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner who is asking for PR releases though? It seems like you might be misreading the situation a little. People are asking who are Yomura. That could include things like who and what do they own and when did they aqquire them, but it could also mean who are the people behind the parent company Yomura? What do they do and have they done?

What about stuff like small amounts of information about your data centres or the buildings/areas they're in? I don't really want an encyclopaedia of Yomura, I just like to know who I am really dealing with should it all go tits up.

• @Nekki - LBTYB are a good example of a semi-Stealth company. You'll know their brands but the parent is somewhat more shy about the public eye.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I'm not sure I get your point. Did you know of them, or are you just making the point they have a web presence?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Nekki said: I'm not sure I get your point. Did you know of them, or are you just making the point they have a web presence?

Should you want to learn about Liberty Global they've already made a few pages explaining who and what they are. It's not exactly the same as the Yomura situation is it?

• @AThomasHowe - Are you dealing with Yomura or Delimiter. Legally they are separate entities where one owns the other.

If you have specific questions about Delimiter (I am assuming that you are their customer as opposed to another company) then you should express your concerns to them and ask for more information about their business.

But lets say Delimiter 'go tits up' then its not really relevant to who is behind them, as you know when subsidiaries of any company fail the parent quickly tries to jettison them.