Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone with Delimiter ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone with Delimiter ?

click4easyclick4easy Member
edited April 2014 in General

Hello there.
All my favorite server providers are out of stock atm. So i want to give delimiter vps a try.

I'm looking to purchase 2x l5420 servers. How many days would they take to setup ?

How about the network and hardware ?

Anything about support ? Are thy helpful ? Average support ticket times ?

Comments

• Was with Delimiter, now with GVH! difference is night and day!

• kajakkajak Member
    edited April 2014

I have a BL460C Dual X5150 with them and am very happy with it. There were some latency issues when they were only using Cogent but since they added Level 3 as a peer I have been very happy. I have been with them since January and I have only noticed two complete down times. Once was in January due to a network issue in their Atlanta DC and the second was last night due to a DDOS attack on their Atlanta DC.

I believe their setup time is still 3 business days from order acceptance. So normally like 4 days from when you pay unless their is an issue with the payment.

At first their ticket times were great and then I noticed that for a month or so their response times were really slow. But @MarkTurner is on LET frequently and works for Delimiter's parent company Yomura and has been great with helping with issues such as the Cogent latency that I mentioned.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @click4easy - You can get these systems online same day if you play your cards right. You need to make sure when you sign up the information you provide is accurate that is the thing that keeps biting people.

Once you through the first hurdle then email Steve [email protected] and ask him to expedite your order, give him some sob story and you should get them same day so long as you do it early enough in the day :)

You can also PM me the order # and your registered email and I can make a call to help things along

• I have a X5150 box with them from March 2014 and no problem till now. The purchase at first did not pass their automatic verification but they manually activated the order after several hours when I requested. So far so good.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • i have a dual L5420 and two dual L5520 servers. they are HP blade servers and no issues so far (but Im not using them heavily either so I may not have noticed some issues).
    took the full 3+1 days to get setup but thats ok too... price-wise? excellent. network performance - excellent. support response - good (for the price - very good).

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Click4Easy - did you order these machines yet?

• edanedan Member

I have two X5150 boxes and work great so far.

• Delimiter is a absolutely-no-frills or ribbons service. If you do everything right, you get it and you're home free with some great boxes.

Otherwise you'll be quickly rejected or your order delayed.

• I've had a server with them for a few months(like 4ish) and I've been quite happy, I think the only outage I ever noticed was some snowstorm thing in Atlanta? Which I assume is beyond their power to control, but who knows right? Network is pretty good. I can't say much about their support since I haven't needed anything beyond RDNS(which seemingly got wiped? Guess I need to ask about that). MarkTurner has been really nice to me though, helped me with a minor issue I had.

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited April 2014

I have two servers with them that have been running great. Had one issue with H/W fault that was solved ok.

Just don't expect too much regarding service. I opened a ticket April 03-2014 regarding rDNS. It's been unresolved for quite a while and when I logged in now to check on it I noticed that it had been closed without being resolved.
    Also, they seem not to be able to setup IPv6 rDNS and will not delegate IPv6 rDNS.

• @tomle - IPv6 RDNS is no problem just open a ticket and just give them the mapping of IP -> FQDN

• tomletomle Member, LIR

I think I was pretty clear in tickets #326834 and #741919

Ticket 326834 requested IPv4 rDNS and IPv6 rDNS. IPv4 rDNS was setup, IPv6 rDNS was not setup (or not working).

Ticket 741919 requested (another) IPv4 rDNS and IPv6 rDNS and a confirmation that IPv6 rDNS for ticket 326834 was indeed setup correctly. Ticket was closed without any action or notice.

@MarkTurner said:
    tomle - IPv6 RDNS is no problem just open a ticket and just give them the mapping of IP -> FQDN

• @tomle - I dont have access to their tickets. But if its not been attended to properly I recommend you go back to those tickets and request an update.

• I used them a while back. Haven't used them for a long time though.