Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Checking the used bandwidth on OVH's CP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Checking the used bandwidth on OVH's CP?

iceTwyiceTwy Member
edited April 2014 in Help

I've had a 2€/mo VPS Classic with OVH for three weeks, and I'm wondering about my bandwidth usage, but I am clueless as to whether OVH's control panel indicates it. If so, then I'd be happy to be told where it is on the CP!

By the way, I can't get NodeQuery's agent to work on this VPS. It does send the initial status report to NodeQuery's servers when I install the agent, but then even though the cron job is running and gets the agent to report to NQ's servers every 3 minutes, NQ doesn't detect anything. Any idea? @Joe_NQ

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I've never seen anything, but then I never looked too hard either.

• @Nekki said:
    I've never seen anything, but then I never looked too hard either.

Ah, well. I'm using the newest version of their control panel, which I believe is still under development, so I could definitely understand why it lacks a bandwidth usage indication. I've opened a ticket, hopefully they'll answer and let me know.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

OVH have very feature rich panels, but navigating them is so cryptic. They need a damn UX designer. It was always the same, even with their shared hosting back in 03/04.

• udkudk Member

I've never seen an option for total usage

• ovh probably actually isn't counting bandwidth, they threw in the towel on it for dedicated awhile back since their b/w tracking was so bad

• texteditor said: ovh probably actually isn't counting bandwidth, they threw in the towel on it for dedicated awhile back since their b/w tracking was so bad

Not exactly related to bandwidth tracking but I know I wasn't the only one who played russian roulette with Kimsufi back in the day in hopes they wouldn't actually cap your 1Gbps connection to 100Mbps.

Is it still lucky dip with the processors over there?

• You can't on classic (or cloud i think) VPS, it says "Information to follow" under the traffic bit. Just use ifconfig for a rough guess.

• What is this feature you speak of on OVH?

I don't believe they're very strict on bandwidth until you abuse it.

• Their support team has answered and, well, they unfortunately don't have bandwidth usage info on the CP atm. Apparently, they're planning on adding it.