Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: MaximumVPS.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: MaximumVPS.net

designitxxxdesignitxxx Member
edited April 2014 in Reviews

This is an initial review that I'll update periodically.

This is a "new client" review that I will hopefully have feedback for in a year from now.

Provider: http://maximumvps.net/

Owner / Administrator: @Maximum_VPS

A week or so ago, I came here seeking out an affordable fully managed VPS service for an Adult related hosting environment. It was important the hosting company allow adult hosting as our business is primarily focused around that industry. A lot of the places we found either did not offer specifically what we wanted, or didn't allow for adult hosting in general.

When I posted for Adult Hosting recommendations, Tim (Maximum_VPS) replied promptly.

I explained what it is we were looking for and that was comparable to KnownHost.com VPS.

While he was not able to meet all the specifics, he did a damn good job with his offer to us.

Being a managed service, I understand clients can be demanding and ruthless in what they want. We knew exactly what services we want and while some of it was new to him, he went above and beyond accommodating those features and requests we needed installed on this.

He is prompt for a 1 man team. He is also confident and able to perform what he offers you.

His response time is generally within 6-12 hours of being requested of and that's more than fair when knowing he's a 1 man team. I had no higher expectations of support than that, but generally speaking, he does get back to us within an hour or so during his operational hours.

His servers seem to be suffice at the moment for what we need. Though we haven't yet really put a strain on things and really tested out the full potential, the customer service is dead on!

One thing I do frown a little on is the approach of his writing and replies. Not as professional as you'd often find from big-name companies and when I say that, it's more of a personal experience - writes to you like your a friend - shooting the shit with someone. This isn't bad, but can see it can perhaps offer a struggle in some instances, though we've yet to experience.

Though this has benefits. I like being on a 1-on-1 relationship. It's comforting, knowing the owner knows who you are and is a "normal" down to earth person behind things running this.

Tim seems like a really great guy and has already made a huge impact and impression on us.

We look forward to continuing with his services and as time progresses, will again update this to give more feedback. I hope that I can see the transition over time, not just for others, but also for myself.

Tim, thank you for your experience thus far. We look forward to a long term future with you.

Comments

• No benchmarks? No uptime stats ? Just your sympathy to Tim? Weird....

Thanked by 1cece
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Although I don't agree with a one-week reviews, it's actually pretty well written. Be nice to know what sort of plan you're on and what's running in the VPS.

Fuck stats, after a week of use they're worth even less than usual.

• Suddenly i want to register lowendadultvps.xxx

Thanked by 20xdragon Floris
  • This is a very interesting review just to say the least.

• As I stated in the OP, this is a 1 week review.

First impressions are important.

I am enjoying the services thus far and that speaks a lot (especially for us).

As time progresses and we can provide more statistics, we will.

As it stands, no downtime experienced, servers are great, service is great!

As for "benchmarks", the review post itself was a benchmark point for us.

Something we can revisit in a few weeks, months and a year down the road.

Are our opinions the same? We'll find out then. The idea is to start a chapter.

So far Tim's services have been great. We're pleased and that's what matters.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • I have a node in this provider. I was thinking it just works fine.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS