Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this normal ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this normal ?

Helo, I have a problem with a provider that I don't want to mention the name here coz is not my intention to hurt its reputation, also the owner of the company is a nice person, i crossed some emails with him. But I really need to ask, coz I feel completelly confused about the way some techs reply and work.

Okay, I got a very good cPanel reseller offer some weeks ago since this people started on reseller world after working for years in VPS market. All was okay, but I've been facing some issues that I want to tell you in here to share my experience and see what's your opinion.

Since I paid entire year offer, I made my tests with some sample sites, and more or less all was OK, so I decided to move some production sites to this new panel last friday night.

What a surprise that on monday morning, my more important client tells me that can't send emails to some destinations. It was an IP problem, banned by Microsoft and the famous "[email protected]".

So I oppened a ticket to the provider reporting the issue and after a while ons of the techs accused me of spammer and told me that its IPs ranges are virgin ranges and they have not been used before. In a VERY RUDE MANNER. I will provide details of the tickets to who ask in private if you want.

After requesting the delist to Microsoft and waiting long time to fix this issue by myself, the boss told me (30h after my 1st advice) that was not a problem of myself, they got banned all range of IPs, not only me.

While this, I already moved my most important client's account to an VPS with cpanel.

Anyway, 2 days later, I got my email from Microsoft sayingf that my IP was delisted.

So after that, I purchased a wilcard SSL cert out there and asked them to provide a new IP and help to configure the wilcard SSL, this is its 1st reply:

"The order has been generated for the additional IP, I will need to get with the boss regarding if custom SSLs are possible." and then "Are you looking for self signed certs or are you needing a a CSR so you can purchase the ssl cert? As for the shopping cart, we can not purchase that, you will have to select softalicous, select the shopping cart you wish to use, there is some setup involved on your end for settings"

Where I replied:

"I already purchased wilcard ssl cert from alphaSSL for domain *.comain.com" and gave them my details.

And then the same rude tech replied:

"Please be aware that we are not a managed service, and that we do charge labor fees when a client insists that we perform simple tasks for them. With the IP assigned, you can install and bind the SSL cert on your own"

Is this normal? Should I just shut up ?

What do you guys think ?

I'm totally confused, I've been in this workd for long years and never faced this kind of issues and this ride way to talk and manage customers.

Wait for your opinions.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: Please be aware that we are not a managed service

What did they promise?

You should probably just name the provider so people can look at what they promise. If it's "we're here for you 24x7" sales blather then they should assist.

Or PM the ticket paste...could at least verify that the person is in fact rude. Rudeness is never called for.

If you're paying $5/month for your reseller account, you're probably going to get $5/month's worth of support...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

said: "Please be aware that we are not a managed service, and that we do charge labor fees when a client insists that we perform simple tasks for them. With the IP assigned, you can install and bind the SSL cert on your own"

If that's a verbatim quote, I wouldn't say that was a rude response, and sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

• See how you go, however rude support is inexcusable at any price...

• I'm having a dedicated server with great specs for a great price. There's only one problem: the hosting provider is asking fee's for everything. It just depends on the technician that is talking to you. The one is willing to even change the chassis for free, the other one keeps recommending DirectAdmin and says Vesta is vulnerable. However, most people over there are helpful so I didn't quit and I'm very happy after all.

What are you paying?

• AdducAdduc Member

From my experience, unless it is a managed service, installation of SSL certificates is generally left for the user to perform.

• He could have at least told you what to do to install the SSL or linked you to a guide.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

DennisdeWit said: I'm having a dedicated server with great specs for a great price. There's only one problem: the hosting provider is asking fee's for everything. It just depends on the technician that is talking to you.

Is your server unmanaged? If so, you shouldn't expect anything to be done for you that isn't included as part of your contract, if some techs are helping you out, consider yourself very lucky.

rmlhhd said: He could have at least told you what to do to install the SSL or linked you to a guide.

Why should he? If you want hand-holding to any degree, you should have to pay.

• VDS6VDS6 Member

Many customers forget that knowledge is also a product that costs money. If you want support to explain how to do this/that or do this/that for you, you have to expect that support needs to spend time on your task. And as a result time=knowledge=money. I see no rude support messages out of the ones that were presented.