Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Seperate mail server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seperate mail server?

I have multiple Vpses with cPanel with multiple domains. Should I have a seperate VPS setup as a mail server or is there no point?

Comments

• If you can afford one, it's not a bad idea - it protects your IP from being 'leaked' if you use CloudFlare, for example.

• n1kkon1kko Member

So how does it work? Would each of my clients domains outgoing mail server stay the same I'm not really up with mail servers as I have always ran mail server inside cPanel with the hosting

• The way it'd work is quite simple; you're just going to have one big server, with one IPv4, and your clients' domains' MX records will have to point to that IPv4. Then your mail server will handle mail for your clients with their domains.

An excellent guide I can recommend is Linode's one. This section should enlighten you about the whole setup ;)

Thanked by 1n1kko